3185 Porter Cable 7424XP Swirl Buster Kit 5.5" Pads Cdn$185.86

1st Pad: - Orange Mild Cut - -

2nd Pad: - White Polishing - -

3rd Pad: - Black Finishing - -

Instructional DVD ($28): - No Thanks - -

Snappy Clean Pad Cleaner: - No - -

4010 Riccardo Clay Blue (4oz) Cdn$10.99

Sub Total: Cdn$247.88

Is there anything that Im missing or you would change? I was mainly concerned with the polish selection.

This is for a black camaro, has road rash on front, which I will attempt to fill some of the bigger chips. Its my dd in the summer, and will see a dirt road unforetuneately every day, a long with a lot of dust, so want to protect it as best as possible. The car most likely has some swirls, cant remember how bad since I havent seen the car since november. I wanted to get klasse all in one but they sold out, was half price......The towels are buy one get one free, so Im geting a few since I dont have anything microfiber. Any advice would be appreciated, and i hope to learn a lot from the community here.

Street5927
04-04-2011, 08:36 AM
I would replace the Klasse Sealant Glaze with BlackFire Wet Diamond. Although the butter wet wax is an excellent wax, the durability is not all that great. Perhaps something like Collinite would give you better protection. I would also add a few extra orange pads, as these are the ones I go though most. Other than that, you look good on the polishing aspect. How are you on your washing supplies? No sense in taking time to detail your car if you are not going to wash it properly...just a few thoughts.

Joe77
04-04-2011, 09:31 AM
I appreciate the response, was planning to use the butter wax on top of the klasse for that extra shine sometimes. Unfortunately eshine doesnt have blackfire wet diamond, Is the Klasse sealent no good, seems like quite a few people like their product and its on sale for a bit longer today. I also have Meguirs Gold wax, and their gold wash soap. I also have facela g10 finishing compound, and a meguirs swirl remover i think its a 3 cut. Would you recommend the 4inch or 5.5 inch pad. i was thinking it might be a good idea to get both. Im looking at this wax what do you think its from collonite like you suggested, seems like it is pretty resistant. Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s)

Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total Select

453 BOGO The Cookie Monster Buffing Towel V2.0 Cdn$6.89

451 BOGO- The Dehydrator Drying Towel MINI V2.0 Cdn$6.88

452 BOGO The El Cheapo Microfiber Buffing Towel Cdn$2.85

806 Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax CAR WAX (16oz) Cdn$10.44

803 Chemical Guys ALL-IN-1 POLISH + SHINE & SEALANT (16oz) Cdn$10.77

3185 1.Porter Cable 7424XP Swirl Buster Kit 5.5" Pads Cdn$185.86

4010 Riccardo Clay Blue (4oz) Cdn$10.99

1202 Lake Country Customizable 4" Pad Starter Kit w/Backing Plate (Dual Action) Cdn$26.92

1113 Detailer`s Pride Polishing Pad Rejuvenator (16oz) Cdn$16.31

Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s) Cdn$16.17

Sub Total: Cdn$294.08

Accumulator
04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
I appreciate the response, was planning to use the butter wax on top of the klasse for that extra shine sometimes. Unfortunately eshine doesnt have blackfire wet diamond, Is the Klasse sealent no good, seems like quite a few people like their product and its on sale for a bit longer today...

While the looks are a personal preference thing, KSG is *VERY* durable when layered heavily, and will protect against birdbombs/etc. at least as well as, well...most anything. IME the trick is to get at least four layers (I use 6) on there. I even use it on black trim.

I don`t top my KSG as I like to add more from time to time and wax toppers preclude that.

Would you recommend the 4inch or 5.5 inch pad. i was thinking it might be a good idea to get both..

Both.

Im looking at this wax what do you think its from collonite like you suggested, seems like it is pretty resistant. Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s)

Very good stuff, but I don`t see a need for it if you use the KSG.
Details Name Unit Price Quantity Total Select

451 BOGO- The Dehydrator Drying Towel MINI V2.0 Cdn$6.88

452 BOGO The El Cheapo Microfiber Buffing Towel Cdn$2.85

I don`t like the sound of that "El Cheapo" :think: I`d buy the best you can get, and lots of `em. I`d need more than one drying towel too.

806 Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax CAR WAX (16oz) Cdn$10.44

803 Chemical Guys ALL-IN-1 POLISH + SHINE & SEALANT (16oz) Cdn$10.77

I myself would go with the Klasse twins instead.

3185 1.Porter Cable 7424XP Swirl Buster Kit 5.5" Pads Cdn$185.86

Yuck, I`d buy the Griot`s Garage 6" Random Orbital instead. Really.

You`ll probably need numerous orange pads and a few of the white ones.

1202 Lake Country Customizable 4" Pad Starter Kit w/Backing Plate (Dual Action) Cdn$26.92

You might not need that if you get the Griot`s instead of the PC, but the 4" setup is still handy to have around.

1113 Detailer`s Pride Polishing Pad Rejuvenator (16oz) Cdn$16.31

I`d skip that.
Collinite Super Doublecoat Auto Wax (No. 476s) Cdn$16.17

Not needed if you get the Klasse Sealant Glaze.

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Joe77
04-04-2011, 04:01 PM
i greatly appreciate the response, currently I am limited to where I can shop due to living in Canada along with my gf getting me a gift card for eshine.ca. They do not have the groits 6" polisher, which I have read is better due to the more amps it has. I also can no longer get the klasse as that sale is over, along with the chemical guys all in one. I wanted to get the colonite instead but it has sold out... So not sure what to get for the polish and sealent now. Ive read the Menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83Q (32 oz) and Menzerna Super Finish Nano Polish PO106FA (32oz) are a great combo on my type of car due to the harder gm clear, but i cant afford the 100 dollars just for polish. is there anything that will give me similar results for a more affordable price. What about optimum polishes and compounds? here is the link for the polish i have Farecla - G10 Finishing Compound (http://www.farecla.com/?screenID=125#/125)

Accumulator
04-04-2011, 04:43 PM
joe77- OK, if you can`t get the Griot`s or the Klasse or the Collinite, then that`s that! The PC XP is at least better than the older PCs.

The Menzerna line is great, but I did OK with Optimum Hyper (spray) compound on my `00 beater-Tahoe, which was pretty nasty when I got it. The Optimum Hyper Compound is a *little* on the mild side, but !Oh man! is it user-friendly. I think I`d try that if I were you.

I`m not familiar with the G10, but maybe it`d be an OK follow up to the Optimum Hyper Compound, which finishes out very well for a "compound" (scare-quotes because I kinda think it`s more like a "super swirlmark remover" than a true compound, at least if you`re not using a rotary).

Not sure what to recommend for the LSP with everything being unavailable, but it`s really not all *that* big a deal IMO as most name-brand/Autopian-favored LSPs are pretty good.

Alexshimshimhae
04-05-2011, 11:12 AM
lsp wise especially since you`re driving on dirt roads, I`d say go with the FK1000p--has better shedding and if you like that kind of thing--makes your paint brighter i think?

I always forget what the diff between griots da and the pc so can`t help you there lol i use a flex but it makes tight corners and spots hard to deal with sometimes xD