PDA

View Full Version : Stripping LSP`s for those of us who use Rinseless and Waterless wash techniques?

cptzippy
04-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Asked this a while back but there`s a lot of new products and techniques since I did.

For those of us who you rinseless or even waterless wash products and techniques, what is the best way to strip old LSP`s off?

TIA,

Tony

Accumulator
04-03-2011, 11:32 AM
captzippy- I suppose the conventional wisdom/standard answer is IPA, but I`d use TOL`s PrepWash. The IPA doesn`t require rinsing and it`s not completely mandatory with the PrepWash either, though some of us do prefer to do it. You could just wash with your waterless to "rinse".

AeroCleanse
04-03-2011, 12:28 PM
I don`t want to strip off the LSP is I am washing waterless / rinseless.

Legacy
04-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Asked this a while back but there`s a lot of new products and techniques since I did.

For those of us who you rinseless or even waterless wash products and techniques, what is the best way to strip old LSP`s off?

TIA,

Tony

IPA, mineral sprits, citrus wash, Dawn wash or a paint cleaner.

cptzippy
04-03-2011, 06:01 PM
Read this as a plan on the OPT forum:

Prespray the panel with OPC (or I guess any APC or in my case my P21 TAW)

Wash down with ONR but rinsing in a second water only bucket (ala traditional 2 bucket method)

and Voila

imported_Bence
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Umm, no.

ONR will establish its own protection film on the surface. So it`s not LSP stripping technically. Besides, lots of LSP can withstand the attack of an APC. Sure, it will weaken them, but that`s NOT stripping.

I usually do a full strength APC wash/IPA/prepsol wipedown routine.

cptzippy
04-03-2011, 06:43 PM
So you don`t think that the PC will strip the sealant/wax alone Bence? Hadn`t thought about the ONR having a bit of a surface of it`s own but since I use it as a clay lube I wouldn`t think it would be much.

Thinking particularly right now of alternatives to the IPA wipedown before applying Opticoat (though not sure why). Have seen a few people use OPC for this too.

Last year I did a full wash with P21S TAW but I`ve discovered it`s such a drag to get out the hose and two buckets anymore (pun partly intended).

rdorman
04-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Depening, I generally use IPA or 3M wax and adhesive remover.