PDA

View Full Version : Is Zaino Z-2 a true polish?

amcdonal86
03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
I don`t really understand how it can be a polish (it is advertised as one). Everything I read about it says that people apply it by hand and somehow it has some "swirl removers" in it? How is that possible? Swirls are impractical to remove by hand, right? Am I missing something?

Kean
03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
Unfortunately, terms in this business are not standardized. Z-2 is not a “polish” as most would define it. It is really a sealant with no abrasive components. Z-5 is similar (in that it is a sealant with no abrasives) but also has some filling ability to help mask minor scratches. Personally, I have never heard of people claiming Z-2 has the ability to remove scratches and if they did, they would be wrong.

David Fermani
03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree with Kean. Use Z2 & Z5 as a sealant after polishing, not as a polish.

amcdonal86
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
I thought so. A guy on another website claimed to have detailing experience and insisted that he didn`t apply any waxes by applying Z-2 and Z-6, only polishes. I tried explaining to him that if he was really trying to polish out swirls, doing it by hand isn`t going to do much to get rid of them!

Thanks, guys!

Merlin
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
I have used Z-5 and IMHO it will hide some very light scratches on most dark paint.

Z-2 is a 99%+ optically clear sealant that is applied after you have polished the paint.

Z-5 finish is not as bright as Z-2. It is best to apply Z-2 over Z-5 for a brighter shine.

amcdonal86
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Is Z-2 a particularly durable sealant? How long does it last, and can it resist marring?

Kean
03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Is Z-2 a particularly durable sealant? How long does it last, and can it resist marring?

....longevity/durability depends on a lot of factors but I`ve experienced up to 6 months in some cases (pretty much par for the course when compared to some other sealants). As for resistance to marring, I would have to say that there was no appreciable difference with Zaino in that respect (IMO/IME). I know I sound under-whelmed by the product but it’s only due to the fact that I just don’t find it that special when compared to some other products (especially these days). ….it’s still a decent sealant and their product line has some other good items in it (which I still use myself). It really depends on what you’re looking to get out of it.

termigator
03-30-2011, 07:35 PM

IME, Z-2 is one of the most durable sealants available. It`s still my goto sealant if durability is of utmost importance.

wannafbody
04-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I use ZAIO the most and top with Z8. That`s a durable combo.