PDA

View Full Version : Wipes to clean leather seats

mattkemp80
03-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I like the convenience to use wipes to clean my leather seats but I did a search and found most people do not like Lexol. I was wondering what would be best to wipe clean my seats when they get dirty Leather Masters strong wipes or Lexol cleaner wipes?

G37
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I am thinking of getting some LM wipes with my next order..

AeroCleanse
03-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Dr. Leather has wipes. Supposed to be good, never used them myself.

Scottwax
03-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Honestly? If the leather is reasonably clean, just a damp MF towel after each wash will keep the leather clean.

David Fermani
03-29-2011, 09:22 PM
I totally agree Scott - no more is really needed for leather maintenance.

Junebug
03-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Count me in too guys, those wipes usually just leave a layer of oil that attracts dirt.

judyb
03-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Most leather wipes contain weak products that have no real cleaning ability on leather and they generally just move the dirt around without removing it. You would need to use a lot of wipes to get any useful cleaning done although they do have their place for occassional wiping up of spillages etc. Fat better to use a specifically formulated maintenance product with a cloth that will remove the dirt - more economical and environmentally friendly as wipes only add to the landfill.

Some wipes contain products that will if not cleaned off the surface will leave residues that attract more dirt so defeating the object.

Hope this helps