PDA

View Full Version : My review of Sonus Green Clay (Now white)

solekeeper
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Hey guys, after doing some research on here.. I decided to buy the SG clay.

While the whole idea behind me buying this particular clay was to avoid polishing after, it didn`t really remove much of the contaminants. It did leave my paint feeling smoother, and alot of debris was removed, some of the heavier things remained.

As for micro-marring, i washed my car completely, taped off half of the trunk, and clayed one half. Left 0 micro-marring. Exactly what I wanted.

So I`d suggest this clay to anyone who is just doing a light cleanup, and do not want to follow up with a polish.

Striker
03-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Exactly why I bought the Sonus Green last year!

I went to apply some Souveran and noticed how the applicator felt very grabby against the paint, but I really didn`t think it was needed to polish out the entire car. Sonus fixed that problem.

Accumulator
03-28-2011, 10:17 AM
solekeeper- Thanks for posting that! Sounds like they`ve sorted out the apparent issues they`d had with the earlier batches and got things back on track. And yeah, it *is* awfully mild for real decontamination-style claying.

G37
03-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey guys, after doing some research on here.. I decided to buy the SG clay.

While the whole idea behind me buying this particular clay was to avoid polishing after, it didn`t really remove much of the contaminants. It did leave my paint feeling smoother, and alot of debris was removed, some of the heavier things remained.

As for micro-marring, i washed my car completely, taped off half of the trunk, and clayed one half. Left 0 micro-marring. Exactly what I wanted.

So I`d suggest this clay to anyone who is just doing a light cleanup, and do not want to follow up with a polish.

This is good news to hear that it does not mar and its fine grade clay. I purchased this Sonus SFX clay for spot cleaning and its great that you dont have to follow up with a polish after using it.

solekeeper
03-28-2011, 05:16 PM
welcome guys!

I`m curious as to what the next grade clay would be? (From sonus)

David Fermani
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Good to know. I can`t always trust blue Clay Magic to do this. Thanks!

Accumulator
03-30-2011, 10:18 AM
I`m curious as to what the next grade clay would be? (From sonus)

They used to sell a more aggressive clay, but the last batch (or at least the last one I tried) was *VERY* aggressive, as in, scary.

WeekendWarrior found it so harsh that he sold his entire stock to me, and I only use it on vehicles I`m gonna hammer with the rotary.

I suspect that Sonus is gonna leave the "regular" clay to everybody else, and stick with their niche product (i.e., the stuff that`s so mild it won`t strip LSP).

cptzippy
03-30-2011, 10:40 AM
HIJACK ALERT: Ordered some of the new batch and ordered some of the Pinnacle Poly. How do they compare in aggresiveness?

Accumulator
03-30-2011, 11:03 AM
HIJACK ALERT: Ordered some of the new batch and ordered some of the Pinnacle Poly. How do they compare in aggresiveness?

Beats me, never tried the Pinnacle :D Guess you can tell us how they compare once you get `em both in-hand. I`ll be interested to hear!

solekeeper
03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
They used to sell a more aggressive clay, but the last batch (or at least the last one I tried) was *VERY* aggressive, as in, scary.

WeekendWarrior found it so harsh that he sold his entire stock to me, and I only use it on vehicles I`m gonna hammer with the rotary.

I suspect that Sonus is gonna leave the "regular" clay to everybody else, and stick with their niche product (i.e., the stuff that`s so mild it won`t strip LSP).

lol sold his entire batch to you? Yikes!

lostdaytomorrow
03-30-2011, 08:02 PM
I use the Pinnacle with the same results.

Accumulator
03-31-2011, 11:59 AM
I use the Pinnacle with the same results.

Same results" as in, very gentle, doesn`t strip the LSP, right?