PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss or Optimum car wash?

Pages : [1] 2

MNRXguy
03-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Hey guys. I`m looking at switching to a new car soap. I usually use the two bucket system, but recently bought a foam lance that I`ll use from time to time. I`m looking for a soap that will work with both. I`ve heard great things about Duragloss and Optimum Car Wash. I want something that will be gentle on the Dodo Juice Supernatural wax that I have on my car. I`m leaning towards the Duragloss. Anyone have a preference? Thanks!

Accumulator
03-27-2011, 10:36 AM
MNRXguy- While I`m still using Griot`s Car Wash, (and haven`t even *tried* either the Duragloss or the Optimum!), I bet you`ll find them functionally equivalent; both oughta be very good. Maybe you could flip the coin based on scent, the Duragloss sounds kinda cough syrupy, can`t recall what people say about the Optimum but I bet it`s less "food-like".

tom p.
03-27-2011, 11:45 AM
The Optimum product will not disappoint. Lubricity is without peer, leaves a nice gloss. Great cleaning power, excellent in the foam gun.

disclaimer: Optimum has never compensated me for my endorsements of their products :grinno:

Junebug
03-27-2011, 02:35 PM
I`ll vote Duragloss, get it OTC from Carquest and it`s made here in NC, so I support my locals!

Marc Hufnagel
03-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Duragloss is your best bet.

Scottwax
03-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Used both of them, can`t go wrong with either.

Accumulator
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
The Optimum product will not disappoint. Lubricity is without peer....

Man, every time you post that I start thinking about trying the stuff :think:

G37
03-28-2011, 11:01 AM
I have recently starting using OPT car wash and it works really great, I might be the only one but that grape scent is not very nice.

Accumulator
03-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I have recently starting using OPT car wash and it works really great, I might be the only one but that grape scent is not very nice.

Yikes, thanks for mentioning that. Deal-breaker.....I`m sticking with Griot`s.

mikenap
03-28-2011, 04:13 PM
Yikes, thanks for mentioning that. Deal-breaker.....I`m sticking with Griot`s.

I don`t believe the OPT wash is grape scented. I always thought it was more like blueberries.

G37
03-28-2011, 08:30 PM
I don`t believe the OPT wash is grape scented. I always thought it was more like blueberries.

My mistake but it doesnt smell very good in my opinion. The sweet scent is just to overwhelming kind of like cheap perfume.

mikenap
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
No worries. Wasn`t trying to sound argumentative, just wanted to clarify for Accumulator in case the grape was a deal-breaker but blueberries he could live with!:laugh:

extrabolts
03-29-2011, 09:39 AM
I have not used OCW, but I can vouch for Duragloss. Pickup a small bottle at Carquest or Napa for $6-7 and try it out. I`m guessing you`ll return for a gallon after trying it.

Accumulator
03-29-2011, 11:21 AM
No worries. Wasn`t trying to sound argumentative, just wanted to clarify for Accumulator in case the grape was a deal-breaker but blueberries he could live with!:laugh:

Heh heh...I appreciate that, and it`s sure subjective, huh?

Generally, other than the bubble-gum scent of stuff like FK425, I simply hate anything that reminds me of food. You know those nasty-chemical-scent products that so many people can`t stand? Well, I *love* those! Heh heh, I guess I want my detailing chemicals to smell like chemicals!

Bert
04-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Heh heh...I appreciate that, and it`s sure subjective, huh?

Generally, other than the bubble-gum scent of stuff like FK425, I simply hate anything that reminds me of food. You know those nasty-chemical-scent products that so many people can`t stand? Well, I *love* those! Heh heh, I guess I want my detailing chemicals to smell like chemicals!

I have always found it interesting how important odor is to people when the make buying decisions with detailing supplies. Odor to me is pretty much an non issue. Cost, performance, ease of use, etc. are about all I care about. I used to always pick on Bob Daniels about how Danase Wet Glaze would make my entire garage smell like grape bubble gum but honestly I really didn`t care, I just liked pulling his chain a little out of fun.