PDA

View Full Version : Some help with hood touch up please

blinkme323
03-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey guys, I found a small chip towards the front of my hood that is down to the primer. I attempted to touch it up and it looks ok, but the chip is still shallower than the surrounding paint. What is the best way to remedy this? Should I just keep layering the paint until it is level with the surrounding area? I also have the langka kit, but haven`t had to use it on this area yet.

Thanks!

SilverCivic
03-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I would keep adding coats until it is level. Allow at couple of hours for the paint to cure before adding another coat.

Accumulator
03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Hey guys, I found a small chip towards the front of my hood that is down to the primer. I attempted to touch it up and it looks ok, but the chip is still shallower than the surrounding paint. What is the best way to remedy this? Should I just keep layering the paint until it is level with the surrounding area?

I`d continue filling it, but with clear, not with basecoat.

I also have the langka kit, but haven`t had to use it on this area yet.

No need for the Langka until you`ve filled, or rather *overfilled* the chip. Since the Langka will take off a bit of your touchup paint, you want an excess there before you use it.

rdorman
03-24-2011, 11:16 AM
If any of the touch up paint you applied is out of the chip on the surrounding surface then lankga followed by clear, if not clear and level once it is overfull.

mtdew456
03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
The skunk odor got in the car because someone ran the skunk over on the street right next to my car while it was parked. The smell then worked its way into the car and lingered a bit.

SilverCivic
03-24-2011, 12:10 PM
^ Ahh cool?