PDA

View Full Version : What product to put on Wrangler black Hard Top?

armada
03-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Hi I did few searches and I can`t find a product or a technique to help me out restoring a Jeep Wrangler Black top. For help is needed. Thanks you very much!!!

2005GTPinMD
03-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Good luck - I had a wrangler in the early 2000s and could not find anything. I used Mother`s Back to black and it was not half-bad.

Jpostal
03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
There was a recent thread on the best product to use for all the plastic cladding on a Chevy Avalanche. Not sure if it would be the same type of material on your hard top, but I bet the product to use for the job will be similar. Do a search for Chevrolet Avalanche and you should find the thread (it was started last week).

LaTuFu
03-21-2011, 04:07 PM
What year is your hardtop? I had a 2002 with a tan hardtop, which was oxidized badly. The paint surface seemed so porous, however, that I always hesitated to do any work to it.

I just got a 2011 Wrangler unlimited. It has a similar texturing to the finish, but I had no problems applying a coat of Carnuba wax to it over the weekend.

AeroCleanse
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi I did few searches and I can`t find a product or a technique to help me out restoring a Jeep Wrangler Black top. For help is needed. Thanks you very much!!!

If its a soft top, then GTechniq C4 is what you need.

sparklingdetail
03-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Armada,

I don`t know about the product that can restore your Jeep Wrangler Black top. You can try "krylon fusion spray paint" to restore of the same. You could find that product on Krylon is the spray paint (http://www.krylon.com/) leader in color, innovation, and inspiration