PDA

View Full Version : Best headliner cleaner

bustaban
03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Hello!!!

do you can give me and advice for the best cleaner I can get to remove a stains on my headliner???

I use another product and now the two stains are hard to find but they remain on my headliner!

Thanks a lot

Street5927
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
First, keep in mind that you don`t want to use a cleaner that is going to wet the headliner too much because it will start to come down by loosening the glue that holds it up. Preferably, you want to use something that does not contain a lot of moisture. I like to use Detail King`s Spot Shot. It is a foaming cleaner that I spray onto a MF towel and then wipe onto the headliner. It works wonders on stains (not only headliners, but carpets also), and does not produce alot of moisture. I am sure others will have different options that work well for them. You can also do a search for "Headliners" and you will get a ton of posts on this subject.

Chris Wilkes
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Hey bustaban,

We have used Folex with good results, using the same application technique as Street5927 suggested. It`s also available locally at box stores like Home Depot.

SilverCivic
03-10-2011, 08:04 PM
^

I have found Folex at Kmart here in Minnesota. The stuff is amazing. Spray it on the stain, agitate with fingers, and then blot with a towel. The stain comes right out.

jojo69
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
this is probably not "autopia approved" and will depend on what material your headliner is made of, BUT i have had great success using Mr. Clean sponges, mildly humid on vynil/plastic headliners found in 92-95 honda`s... finished off with Meg`s inside detailer mist.

worked like a charm for me.

good luck

OllieJay
03-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Stoners glass cleaner and a chamios...works for headlinder and cloth seats.

Scottwax
03-11-2011, 04:32 PM
ONR at QD strength and a damp MF cloth work well. Better to spray the MF first and rub the stain gently before actually spraying the stain.