PDA

View Full Version : opinions please

Oreto
02-10-2006, 09:49 PM
i just opened my own shop and i was wanting to know what are some realy good products to use im using pro products and malco im do for a change

cwcad
02-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Welcome to DC!

I saw you were trying to get into the chat room. Hope that you can get it worked out.

As far as products are concerned there are a bunch of them. Malco is talked of by the professionals of this site but have never used them.

I would suggest Poorboy`s as my go to on a production basis. Although I am only a weekend warrior when it comes to detailing. I do all my firend`s vehicles with the Poorboy`s line. Easy to use. With good results. Also good durability with their sealants.

Steve from Poorboy`s should give you fast service with knowledgeable advise as to the products that would or should best serve you. Of course there is not a vendor on the forum that will not give you good service. They all will do a good job for you. Look around there is certainly plenty of products and vendors around to satisfy any and all of your needs.

magicman411
02-10-2006, 11:42 PM
O would recommend Auto Magic. Great pricing and excellent products. Full line as well. Check out their water based Dress it Right. Excellent for all trim, vinyl, rubber and plastic moldings. It is excellent on tires as well as engines. It lasts on tires for up to 2 weeks. And I get it for 59.95 for 5 gallons. They also have a great finish wax called Banana Magic. $22 a gallon. Easy on and off. Great shine. If you like polymer based finish, check out Awesome Gloss. Excellent durability. Get better beading after 6 weeks than UPP. Though not quite as easy to use. Still not difficult either. And can pick up a gallon for $25.
And remember this. They did bring clay to the forefront of automotive detailing. Gotta count for something! lol
Pro is another good company. Excellent line, though pricey. You also have CarBrite & Ardex. Both are well respected companies. But again are a little pricey. And I do not care what anyone says. When it comes to chemicals, just because you pay more doesn`t mean it is a superior product.
I have used some of the Poorboys products. Good stuff. SSR`s are nice polishes. I just do not think they are superior to the stuff on my shelf for everyday work. But you will be helping this site by using their products. And this site is an excellent resource center.
Whatever you choose, remember a great detailer can make miracles by his talent first, chems second.

TrueDetailer
02-11-2006, 12:03 AM
O would recommend Auto Magic. Great pricing and excellent products. Full line as well. Check out their water based Dress it Right. Excellent for all trim, vinyl, rubber and plastic moldings. It is excellent on tires as well as engines. It lasts on tires for up to 2 weeks. And I get it for 59.95 for 5 gallons. They also have a great finish wax called Banana Magic. $22 a gallon. Easy on and off. Great shine. If you like polymer based finish, check out Awesome Gloss. Excellent durability. Get better beading after 6 weeks than UPP. Though not quite as easy to use. Still not difficult either. And can pick up a gallon for $25.
And remember this. They did bring clay to the forefront of automotive detailing. Gotta count for something! lol
Pro is another good company. Excellent line, though pricey. You also have CarBrite & Ardex. Both are well respected companies. But again are a little pricey. And I do not care what anyone says. When it comes to chemicals, just because you pay more doesn`t mean it is a superior product.
I have used some of the Poorboys products. Good stuff. SSR`s are nice polishes. I just do not think they are superior to the stuff on my shelf for everyday work. But you will be helping this site by using their products. And this site is an excellent resource center.
Whatever you choose, remember a great detailer can make miracles by his talent first, chems second.

I`m going to agree with magicman, If your running a shop i would stick with a wholesale bulk supplier like automagic or ardex. They both have a full line of products. Yes, the sponsers here make awesome products but IMO they are geared towards the hobbiest detailers.

magicman411
02-11-2006, 12:24 AM
Well said True. I would just again say imo that the Auto Magic waxes and polishes I use are in every way as good as any products I have ever used. And they make great all purpose cleaners at great prices. Triple Seven, E-Z White & Red Hot are all great. And you can get any one of them for around $32-$35 per five galllon. And their Motor Degreaser is a great product in the same price range.