PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from South Florida

Merlin
03-06-2011, 09:03 AM
I`m fairly new to detailing I`ve only been doing this for a few years now. I got into this be accident. I purchased a vehicle that is painted black (the top half anyway).

Upon taking it to work to proudly show it off I parked in the inside parking lot. When the folks came out to see it in the overhead lights they commented on how the black paint looked like it was covered in spider webs. Yepper, it was covered in swirls so bad it looked like an army of spiders made webs all over the black paint.

I tried finding a local "detailer" to polish it and was unable to find anyone that even had a clue. I found lots of "wash and wax" folks but none of them new how to polish paint. So I started doing research on buffers, pads, products etc. and started learning and practicing. I will admit the first vehicle I did was my wife`s car. Hey, I`m not going to learn on MY paint!

Well after a couple of years of practicing and improving my skills I`ve become a pretty good weekend warrior. I usually wind up with one vehicle to do at least each weekend. I enjoy doing it and I take pride in doing the best I can when I polish paint. So far everyone I`ve done tells me at least a WOW before I`ve even applied a sealant/wax.

Anyway, I`m glad to be here. I`m always happy to learn more and share what I have learned.

http://www.qwksilver.com/forum/images/smilies/autowash.gif

David Fermani
03-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Welcome to Autopia Merlin. Where in S. Florida are you? I`m in Wellington. Good thing your eyes finally adapted to the sickness. It`s both a blessing and a curse!!!

Ben@3D
03-08-2011, 01:48 PM
hello and welcome.

Cool smiley. I need to download more like that for the forums.

Merlin
03-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Welcome to Autopia Merlin. Where in S. Florida are you? I`m in Wellington. Good thing your eyes finally adapted to the sickness. It`s both a blessing and a curse!!!

I`m in Boynton Beach and you`re right but I`m not sure which one it is???

Are you going to AG`s Detail Fest?

hello and welcome.

Cool smiley. I need to download more like that for the forums.

thanks, Glad to be here.

Yepper, they`re fun.

http://www.qwksilver.com/forum/images/smilies/pc7424.gif

03-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Welcome to Autopia merlinii. Glad you joined up.

JonnyD
03-22-2011, 06:50 PM
hey and welcome!! I am new too! I live in florida in tampa, fl. Seems like a pretty cool forum so far. Can learn a lot about detailing =)