PDA

View Full Version : Need L/C pad recommendations, using Griots Garage DA

1320Str8_liner
03-06-2011, 02:06 AM
My G/G, just came in and Im ready to get started, I have a few LC pads and M105/M205. 2010 Toyota Tundra with a few light scratches, (no swirls or acid ran), this will be my first time, I`ve been reading and looking for a while, now its time to start, I have a few questions first

1. can you just try to polish, or is it necessary to use a cutting compound first

2. Im thinking I can use 105 with a LC orange pad, followed by M205 with a green pad

Any pad Recommendations?

Merlin
03-06-2011, 10:31 AM
1. can you just try to polish, or is it necessary to use a cutting compound first

2. Im thinking I can use 105 with a LC orange pad, followed by M205 with a green pad

Any pad Recommendations?

1. Yes ALWAYS use the least aggressive method FIRST!

2: That pad/products combo should work fine.

My thoughts for "Basic pad/product Rule"

Orange - M105

White -M205

Black - Menz PO85rd

Personally I prefer the 5" backing plate and 5.5" LC flat pads...but hey that`s just me.

If you are interested in a 5" backing plate then I`d probably get the Meguiar`s one.

This way you can use the 5" Megs DA MF cutting pads with the D300 compound.

Accumulator
03-06-2011, 12:06 PM
My G/G, just came in and Im ready to get started, I have a few LC pads and M105/M205...

Any pad Recommendations?

You might find that you do need smaller pads, but yeah...you have the right idea.

See how it goes on a representative test spot (inspect in good lighting). If you need more cut from the M105 you could try Meguiar`s burgundy, or the new Meguiar`s MF pad (made for their new compound but oughta work fine with M105), or even a SurBuf, but I bet you won`t need to get *that* aggressive.

Beware the M205 oils...they can hide minor flaws and also cause pseudo-holograms that look more serious than they are.

1320Str8_liner
03-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the responses, we will see what happens in the morning...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk