PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint help please

roadster
03-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Hello folks,

I need help in finding the best touch up paint kit please. I saw an ad by Dr. ColorChip, but that is the only lead I have (and may be the best - I don`t know). May I get some suggestions please?

Thanks,

Nic

ernman
03-04-2011, 07:05 PM
My dad wanted for xmas, he said it isn`t bad, but he didn`t see a big difference for the $.

salty
03-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Depends what the color of your car is and if it has flake in it. I usually try the dealership stuff first. Phone in the vin # pick it up the next day for $8.

JohnZ3MC
03-05-2011, 02:42 AM
paintscratch.com is also very good.

small bottles, paint pens, larger amounts like pints and quarts, clearcoat, spray cans. Lots of options.

I`ve bought their Imola Red touch up pens and bottles and they were good to deal with. Shipped to Canada without issue and that`s a huge bonus for me.

Give them a look.

-John C.

Accumulator
03-05-2011, 03:58 PM
I`ve had mixed results with dealership paint, PaintScratch, AutomotiveTouchUp...you name it and sometimes it`ll match and other times it won`t. The *best* way to go is to have a paintshop get some matched for you, but that`s a huge hassle and you gotta know people who will work with you. Absent that route, pick a source and see if it matches...just a trial-and-error thing IMO. Not that metallics ever seem to match all that well anyhow; just the nature of the beast when you`re doing a touchup with a brush/etc. instead of a spray gun as the flake doesn`t flow out the same.