PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new to forum

ctrumbo
03-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Hi there,

Just signed up for the forum. I have just started a mobile detailing business. I was laid off my job last month, I was a building inspector. I`ve always loved detailing cars, so I figured why not. In the past month I have been buying equipment and practicing my rotary & DA skills.

I bought an 89 Volvo 740 turbo wagon to work out of, it was beat to crap but it runs strong and the body straight. I have also bought a DurrMaid 1600 extractor, a few buffing machines, a generator, pressure washer, 3gal compressor, about $300 worth of cleaning goop.MF towels, hoses, cords,bushes, ect..

I have jobs lined up, got in with a few auto body shops, passed out cards to friends, and business owners. So here goes nothing! I`m really excited about this new venture in my life. I`m sure I will be spending tons of time on here.

I welcome any tips any of you pros have for me, I`m still young and don`t have a lot of experience.

mi77915
03-03-2011, 05:18 AM
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your new business venture!!!

Alexshimshimhae
03-03-2011, 07:44 AM
The best experience will be the from lots of conscious trial and error but these guys are definitely jackpot wealth of knowledge... Welcome!

ctrumbo
03-06-2011, 12:48 AM
Well I`m off to a good start, I screwed up my customers rims today using bleche wite. When I was spraying tires down the over spray got on the aluminum rims, yes plural. Results not so good. That was a $700 oops..