PDA

View Full Version : Mothers foaming wheel cleaner

93zder
03-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I`ve seen this stuff advertised as spray on and hose off.

Does it work that well and easily?

Also, would it strip any wax i have off the wheels?

gotwax
03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
I bought it a few weeks ago but find it a pretty underwhelming product; might be ok for light cleaning, but I did not think it was that effective. Definitely not spray on and hose off (but which wheel cleaners really are?)

Regarding stripping of waxes/sealants, not sure, as I redo mine about once a month.

Bunky
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
I did a side by side comparison Mothers foaming tire cleaner with Optimum Power Clean (full strength) and it had equal cleaning abilities on tires.

I would scrub the tire to get even coverage and best results since the Mothers is foamy but not like an aerosol type foam so it cleans where it touches.

Alfisti
03-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I`ve seen this stuff advertised as spray on and hose off.

Does it work that well and easily?

Depends on how dirty your wheels are. Generally, no wheel cleaner is that effective without a light scrub...this one is no exception. Having said that, of the several wheel cleaners I use, this new Mothers one is by far the best. It actually clings. Most run off too quickly. The longer the clinging action, the easier it cleans. Its my new fave.

Also, would it strip any wax i have off the wheels?

Definitely! All wheel cleaners will.

AlexRuiz
03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
I haven`t tried yet, I will have to.

I had tried the all wheel cleaner (yellow bottle) a few years ago, and it is probably the only underwhelming mothers product that I have used... it was virtually useless!

As recommended by the others, a brush with a mediocre cleaner will beat a top notch cleaner without a brush everytime ;)

Alfisti
03-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeah, Mothers old wheel cleaner range was mediocre. As you said, only Mothers product that was disappointing. With this new one it`s leap-frogged the opposition.

BobW
03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
I`ve used this wheel cleaner and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. All of them advertise "spray on and wash off", but the Mothers Foaming Cleaner comes closest to actually doing that. Not perfect but better than any others I`ve tried.