PDA

View Full Version : T-mobile users chime in

GregCavi
02-09-2006, 05:50 PM
lets start with a good rant:

CLIFFS at the bottom if your not a reader.

<rant>

My LG flip phone had its lcd go out on me. I brought it to my midwest wireless store and they said its broke. (alot of help there!). They called it and it rang so they told me i coudl still use it. I responded back with something along the lines of - doesnt do me a whole hell of alot of good when i cant see the screen. The only way to not get screwed to get a phone with midwest is to buy out your contract and then 200 bucks later, you buy a phone for probably 100 bucks, thats the discounted rait remember. So i told them that i just wanted to buy a phone becuase once my contract was done i would no longer be doing business with them. They told me I coudl get the bottom line junk nokia for 160. OUCH!

</rant>
<thereislightattheendofthetunnel>

I was going to switch to T mobile when i was done with midwest but now seems like a good time being that I can get a new plan with activation and new camera phone for about half of whate midwest would have charged me for that crappy nokia.

So my longwinded thread here is asking t-mobile users what are the pro`s and con`s of your service. Thanks

</thereislightattheendofthetunnel>

CLIFFS: Midwest wants an arm and leg for new phone, so I want to change to T mobile, Yours thoughts.

Greg

LastDetail
02-09-2006, 06:00 PM
My GF has TMobile and seems to like it quite a bit, rarely if ever gets signal drop not a whole lot of dead areas either. However she did end up breaking her phone by accident somehow and TMobile did everything in their power to prevent her from getting a new REPLACEMENT even though she had phone insurance. So I guess same type of problem that you have. She also complained that they didn`t have that many "cool" phones.

I have Cingular and haven`t had any problems with exchanging phones or going between price plans etc. At least in my experience they have very good customer service.

joe.p
02-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Greg i have US Cellular with unlimited mnts back from when they were Prime Co. No problems with dropped calls and the LG phones have great clarity. Other people talk about their service provider but as of yet i would never let`em go ( Us Cellular). $5.99 to insure the phone. I used the insurance 1 time with no hassles and the phone was delivered at my door within 3 days. I have the new LG with a camerea/video and the have the Motorola Rzr.

joe

Jngrbrdman
02-09-2006, 08:21 PM
I`ve never had a problem with them. My only beef is with my phone and has nothing to do with the service. I would always suggest going with a company that uses SIM cards like T-Mobile. That way if you ever want to upgrade your equimpent you can simply buy a phone off ebay and swap cards. Companies like Sprint that don`t use SIM cards require that you buy a new phone through them and usually pay an activation fee to turn it on. talk about highway robbery.

CharlesW
02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Having had 5 phones with U.S. Cellular for several years, we have had our share of damaged phones. Probably our fault in most cases.

One thing we can do with U.S. Cellular is go to their repair center and possibly have a phone repaired or exchanged for a reasonable price.
If the old phone has no value, they quite often have reconditioned/used phones that you can buy from them.

It almost seems that your present service provider would have a similar arrangement. Can you call their customer service number and get better information than you seem to be getting at their store?

Charles

GregCavi
02-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Charles - Sadly, the deal is that you can send your phone in to get fixed. It would cost me and then i wouldnt have a phone for 2-4 weeks. The only way that midwest will give me a new phone is If i pay for it, and I really mean pay for it. The cheapest way to get a new phone with them 160 and the other way is over 300.

Greg

Bob
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
I have had T-mobile since they were Omni-Point then Voice Stream and now T-mobile. I am very happy with them.

Beemerboy
02-10-2006, 11:03 AM
I get a new phone every year in December so I`ve got a little experience...Not knowing much about the carriers out that way. Do you not have the ability to get an equipment upgrade? that`s what I do....just make sure that when you sign up that you can upgrade with in ONE year not two...From what I have learned is that the cell companies want you to have a phone and a newer phone with all the cool....extra money services is in there advantage...for me I can go online and look at what I qualify for or dial 611 from my cell....I`m with Cingular and have been for years...hope this helps I know how you feel about paying for a service and not having a phone to use it.

scottabi
02-15-2006, 03:51 PM
as long as you dont live in west michigan....I hear T-mobile is decent. I absolutley, without a doubt cannot stand T-mobile. I pay around $100 a month and I get service MAYBE (being generous here) 3/4 of the time. If I am in a store (no matter which one) I get no service, at work - no service, driving down the road is a hit or miss type thing. Secret shoppers to the t-mobile store got a reply from the sales rep at t-mobile saying "...Why do you need service away from major expressways? no one drives down there anyways..." :rolleyes:
Usually I am talking and it decides to lose service. All I can say is 2 months 10 days until my contract is over with them and the phone is going to have an accident under a 10 ton block of steel....ill be sure to post pics ;)