PDA

View Full Version : Treating Scratches and Swirls On My New VW

malibuboats91
02-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I recently bought a new VW Jetta that is black. I took it to get the windows tinted and when the guy was cutting the tint his jacket zipper must have been rubbing on my new paint. Now there are fine scratches that look like they are only in the clear coat. I wanted to get some wax on the paint since we are in the middle of winter here in wisconsin. I first clayed, cleaner wax by hand, then two coats of NXT by hand, which are all products from Meguires. From what I read, I put some of the swirls in by not using the two bucket method and using a old wash mit. I had a 99 black passat and never had the issues of swirls and I didnt do anything different. I posted on VW forums about it and no one really gave me a answer of what I should do. I called Meguires and they said to do the whole car in Ultimate Compound but is that advisable? I also have been hearing alot about Zanio and Chemical Bros waxes. I have a Craftsman random orbital polisher and thats all I use other than hand waxing. I am 19 years old and am not a new waxer by any means. I have been waxing cars and boats from little on, using my Passat as a car to test stuff out on. Any ideas on how to get my car looking new again for summer?