PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Brush Advise?

dinansm3
02-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I have two E30 BMW`s and cleaning my BBS basketweave wheels is a pain, What is the best brush to get into the spokes and grooves.

Thanks

imported_Ubryaj
02-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush.

Street5927
02-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush.

+1 I love this brush since it can be bent to get the backs of the spokes and also for getting the inside of the wheels.

clnfrk
02-25-2011, 11:47 PM
I usually only find brushes to be useful for the exposed face of the wheel, not including the Daytona style one which I do use to clean the backsides as best as possible. I find using a microfiber towel to be far more effective than any brush. Either that, or I`ll just spray Wheel Brightener and powerwash them clean followed by a microfiber and car wash soap to get any areas missed. Sometimes my bare fingers get into the tightest spots the best.

Accumulator
02-26-2011, 12:30 PM
dinansm3- I`m guessing those wheels are similar to the BBS ones I have on my `93 Audi. I clean those with both Boar`s Hair Brushes (from Griot`s, I use those on all my wheels) and with the little 3-finger wheel mits and sponges that Griot`s sells (mitt pn 10209, sponge pn 11838). I`ve been experimenting with the EZ Brush (similar to the Daytona) and while it`s OK for wheels like that I have mixed feelings about it (and note that if the wheels are really diry you`ll get a spray of filth all over you now and then).

FWIW, I find the Daytona/EZ to be marginal at best for cleaning the barrels, let alone the back sides of the spokes. With certain wheels like the BBS ones it might be the best thing (because on those it`s about the *only* thing that`ll do much), but whenever you can reach back there with a mitt/swab/etc. I find that to be a better approach. The EZ Brush *always* misses some area unless I spend so much time with it that I could`ve used something else instead anyhow.