PDA

View Full Version : Spray waxes .....

Pages : [1] 2

Fallz
02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
I feel spray waxes are the way of the future. You put wax on thin anyway and you do the same with a spray wax that usually does not stain trim and thats very fast an economical to use. The durability has come a long way , but still has a long way to go IMO. ( maybe I`m wrong since I have used a few like Megs UQW and DG AW that have stood up through quite a few car washes without breaking down) .

Whats your choice in spray wax ?

Do the make spray polishes yet that you could wowo by hand or machine , depending on correction/prep needed ?

Thank you

Thomas Dekany
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
OCW. Love it.

AeroCleanse
02-25-2011, 01:20 PM
I don`t think they are the way of the future. To me the way of the future are products like UPGP and Opti-seal. I do use Optimum Spray Wax occasionally.

Fallz
02-25-2011, 01:39 PM
No very seldom.

Seems to was away with 1 carwash.

silkstone
02-25-2011, 02:10 PM
FK FX-100 used to be my fav., haven`t seen any in quite some time. My next purchase will be Meg`s Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, {gallon size}.

Scottwax
02-25-2011, 05:14 PM
OCW. Love it.

Same here.

dogma
02-25-2011, 05:31 PM
1.Prima Hydro

2. OCW

imported_NHBFAN
02-25-2011, 09:54 PM
My next purchase will be Meg`s Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, {gallon size}.

I`m very happy with X-Press wax and the glow it gives my neutral color car between washes. Not to much experience with it on dark colors yet.

imported_Bence
02-26-2011, 08:33 AM
OCW and the discontinued FK FX-100 are my faves. Honorary mention: Mothers Reflections.

superchargedg
02-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Prima Hydro

215Detailing
02-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Another underdog but is very good and easy to use (wo/wo) average durability nice shine

Final Detail | Auto Detailing Wax | Car Interior Detailing (http://finaldetail.com/order.asp?point=moreinfo&catid=14&id=171)

Thomas Dekany
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Bence is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OCW and the discontinued FK FX-100 are my faves. Honorary mention: Mothers Reflections.

Streetlife
02-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax Plus, OCW, and Surf City Garage Speed Demon.:happy1:

tmg19103
02-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I feel spray waxes are the way of the future. You put wax on thin anyway and you do the same with a spray wax that usually does not stain trim and thats very fast an economical to use. The durability has come a long way , but still has a long way to go IMO. ( maybe I`m wrong since I have used a few like Megs UQW and DG AW that have stood up through quite a few car washes without breaking down) .

Whats your choice in spray wax ?

Do the make spray polishes yet that you could wowo by hand or machine , depending on correction/prep needed ?

Thank you

I love the wet look of OCW on my jet black.

The durability is decent, but since I hand wash my car every one to two weeks and since it is so easy and quick to apply, I apply OCW just about every wash.

No durability issues when you do that.

D_Nyholm
02-27-2011, 04:37 PM
I have meguiars Ultimate Quik wax and I just picked up some Optimum Car Wax. The Meguiars seems to be a little more user friendly, smells super fruity, but doesn`t seem to have the durability (from what i`ve read). The Optimum worked great on my black acura and dark blue Infiniti, but left streaks on my black Porsche. Don`t know what the difference was as this was my first time using it, but the Meguiars never left any streaks.

What towels are you all using to apply? Super thick, fluffy MF, or a tighter nap MF?