PDA

View Full Version : favorite/best carpet cleaning brush

White lexus 23
02-24-2011, 10:24 PM
What are some of your guys best and favorite carpet brushes?

Lonnie
02-25-2011, 09:29 AM
I have a one of those ergonomically designed brushes, but the bristles are getting pretty worn.

Here`s two tips on getting carpets clean (both gleaned from information in this forum on this topic)

1) DRY -brush your carpets after the initial vacuuming to release any deeply imbedded dirt and vacuum again. This makes it much easier to

pick up DRY dirt with a vaccum, rather than WET dirt with your extractor of choice. (Shop Vac, Bissle Little Green Machine, or cotton towels if you don`t have a commercial model, like a Mytee, Durmaid, or Sensei)

On floor mats, remove them from the car and use compressed air to blow them out and fluff up the fibers.

(Comon sense hint: do this AWAY from the car, so the debris don`t get deposited on the car, both outside and/or inside)

2) If you have a Porter-Cable Dual-Action Polisher, buy a 4" round brush attachment designed for carpets and use that to brush your carpets.

Some detailers have the PC just for that reason.

I have found that a stiff-bristle toothbrush is great for corners, creavases, and edges where the interior plastic meets the carpet.

Street5927
02-25-2011, 10:46 AM
I just use a plain semi-stiff bristle brush that I bought at the christmas tree shop. I actually bought 3 of them. They have nice rubber handles which are comfortable. They also have a resevior where you can put in soap, press a suction type button and dispense the soap onto the carpet, which works well for some spot cleaning. I do have the round PC brush, but dont use it that much, as I really dont like it because you cant get into corners and tight spots with it. Hand brushes, the Tornador, and good carpet cleaner/stain remover and an extractor does just what I need them to do.

Accumulator
02-25-2011, 12:12 PM
While I have a scad of different brushes for use by hand, I sure like the carpet brush attachments for my Cyclos. I usually keep one Cyclo set up with those all the time...great for the (sturdier forms of) household carpet too.

RaskyR1
02-25-2011, 12:40 PM
I have a few different ones, but this is my go to brush most of the time.

Carpet and Mat Scrub Brush (http://www.goestores.com/storename/detailking/dept/72701/ItemDetail-1955407.aspx)

White lexus 23
02-25-2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks Rasky! I think I will get this one cus mine sometimes snags on certian carpets. Thank you!