PDA

View Full Version : is this a good combo ? (new car)

Fallz
02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
I bought a new Toyota 4Runner. It`s a dark metallic color called Magnetic Gray and because I have the off road package it has what I consider a lot of grained trim. I have it cleaned , and clayed already.

I don`t have a polish or a 1 step on it but was thinking of a few layers of 845 since we have severe conditions here in Wi.

Then I was going to up keep with a QD (FK425) and/or spray wax like AW for maint.

Any input appreciated . This is my personal vehicle and is a high milage DD so it is in constant need of good protection , but I like to keep it sharp and clean looking. I have absolutely NO choice but to go to a carwash on a regular basis to keep it clean. I then bring it home to my heated garage and clean it off.

Mike

2005GTPinMD
02-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Sounds like a great plan. FK425 is great stuff.

Accumulator
02-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Fallguy- The 845 oughta be great for that, but I would still go over it with *something* between the clay and the LSP. Preferably something you don`t have to keep off the trim.

Fallz
02-25-2011, 12:39 PM
thats a good point .

Any thoughts ?

Accumulator
02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
thats a good point .

Any thoughts ?

Well, Klasse All-In-One comes to mind. You can use it on most any surface imaginable and top with the 845. It`s incredibly handy stuff to have around anyhow so I`m sure you`ll find all sorts of uses for it.