PDA

View Full Version : Magifoam

john1r
02-23-2011, 08:46 AM
Does anyone know if Magifoam can be purchased in the US? I`ve read great things about it on a UK-based forum, but can`t find it for sale at any American-based online retailers.

Also, if you`ve used it, does it live up to all the positive reviews I`ve seen on the other forum?

Alternatively, is there a soap/foam that is known for being `the best` (yes, I know that `the best` is usually subjective) as far as removing dirt with just a spray/dwell/rinse/repeat...

Thanks!

JohnZ3MC
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I haven`t found any North American supplier for any `snowfoam` type products.

Chemical Guys UK make one that seems to be getting good reviews so I`m thinking maybe, Chemical Guys here in North America may tap into the idea that there may be quite a market on this side of the Atlantic and just use the same formula here.

As for replacement soaps/shampoos available in NA, I`ve tried quite a few myself, tried various mixtures, altered ratios, hot water, cold water and just don`t get the same dwell time or cleaning power I see on the UK boards. With my setup I get good foam but the dwell time is terrible. As I watch, the foam just dribbles off the car onto the ground and dwells beautifully there, not on the car. Maybe my lsp is too good and too slick to retain foam so I just don`t get the same after effect I see on the UK boards. My results are ok, just not as comparable.

I`m thinking the snow foam products have some special formula/composition that increases dwell time and includes some additives that break the surface/dirt bonding like ONR. Heck, I`ve even added a bit of ONR to my test trials and I still get quick dribbling. Sort of like the story of my life. I`m kidding!

Like you, I`d buy the Chemical Guys product in a heartbeat if it were available here in NA.

-John C.