PDA

View Full Version : Fire Smoke Damage Classic Cars

gdumond
02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I have a situation that I have never been faced with in all of my 26 years in the business and need some professional advice. I have a car collector that has some Vintage cars that suffered smoke damage.

His house burnt down to the ground but thank god his cars were saved!

I am going out next week to evaluate them. The detailing part should be fairly straight forward but I am concerned whether or not I can completely eliminate the lingering smoke smell.

I have treated vehicles with my Thermal Fogging machine using Firefog solution #404 designed to eliminate smoke odors for other situations but I`m not sure how effective this will be in this situation.

Some of the vehicles are convertibles and because they are classics probably won`t have a good enough seal to hold in the chemical long enough to do a thorough job.

Any suggestions on how to approach elimination the odor completely or is this a maybe it will work and maybe it won`t situation? I was also thinking of using an Ozone machine after the initial fogging was done. Again not sure how effective that will be.

I appreciate any feed back!

David Fermani
03-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Did you ever inspect these vehicles and if so what was the condition of them?