PDA

View Full Version : Funny Stuff

BLUELINE 1
02-08-2006, 01:29 PM
WHEELBARROW BET!

The strong young man at the construction site was bragging
that he could outdo anyone in a feat of strength.
He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workmen.
After several minutes, the older worker had had enough.

"Why don`t you put your money where your mouth is," he said.
"I will bet a week`s wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow
over to that outbuilding that you won`t be able to wheel back."

"You`re on, old man," the braggart replied. "Let`s see what you got."

The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles.
Then, nodding to the young man, he said,
"All right, dumb ass! Get in."

cwcad
02-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Not only is it funny but I have found it to be most true! :angel_not

CharlesW
02-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Not only is it funny but I have found it to be most true! :angel_notThat figures.
Takes some old guy to see the humor in the story. :D

Charles

Jngrbrdman
02-08-2006, 04:06 PM
The fatal flaw in that deal is that the old man didn`t get the deal in writing or any kind of collateral. Who`s the dumb ass now, old man? :lol:

Big Leegr
02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
What`s that saying? "Age and experience will beat youth and exuberance every time." ;)

cwcad
02-08-2006, 04:58 PM
The fatal flaw in that deal is that the old man didn`t get the deal in writing or any kind of collateral. Who`s the dumb ass now, old man? :lol:

Having spent the majority of my work life in construction the deal was cast as soon as the challenge was accepted. :book:

Who ever does not live up to the deal struck whether he be young or old will not be long for that particular construction site. Do what you say....Say what you do!! :yes: :surrender :beer_smil

DetailCad
02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles.
Then, nodding to the young man, he said,
"All right, dumb ass! Get in."

This is the flaw. Unless the old man is able to force the young guy to get in and stay in the wheelbarrow, he`d better be prepared to pay up.

Jngrbrdman
02-08-2006, 05:33 PM
This just in from the AP:

A young braggart was found in the middle of a cement pillar on a construction site with a wheel barrow handle shoved up his rear end. His nostrils and mouth were full of Super Polygrip. Cause of death is unknown at this time, but it is suspected to be from his heart ceasing to beat. More on this story as it develops.

GearHead_1
02-08-2006, 05:34 PM
This is the flaw. Unless the old man is able to force the young guy to get in and stay in the wheelbarrow, he`d better be prepared to pay up.

Don`t know if this is the answer or not. The old man might be packing. You know the old saying: it`s foolish to show up at a gun fight carrying only a knife. :rolleyes:

DetailCad
02-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Don`t know if this is the answer or not. The old man might be packing. You know the old saying: it`s foolish to show up at a gun fight carrying only a knife. :rolleyes:

The youngster might be packing also.

cwcad
02-08-2006, 06:02 PM
This just in from the AP:

:rofl :rofl :rofl

CharlesW
02-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Having spent the majority of my work life in construction the deal was cast as soon as the challenge was accepted. :book:

Who ever does not live up to the deal struck whether he be young or old will not be long for that particular construction site. Do what you say....Say what you do!! :yes: :surrender :beer_smilHaving spent 12 years working construction, I can vouch for construction sites having their own justice system.
The guy might not end up in a cement pillar, but you can bet his life would be pretty miserable at that site.

Besides, the old guy received his money`s worth when he made a fool out of the big-mouth.
FWIW, the big-mouths aren`t limited to young guys.

Charles