PDA

View Full Version : Optimum polish users

G37
02-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Last Saturday I finally used some Optimum products for the first time Car Wash Concentrate and QD, the soap worked well but the QD was amazing the gloss it leaves and hopefully soon I will get a chance to use Opti-Seal. My question is I have been washing and waxing my own cars since 1994 but I dont own or know how to use a machine and to be honest I have only used Klasse All In One no other polish and I have always applied and removed it by hand. I am looking for an Optimum product to replace Klasse AIO there is nothing wrong with Klasse AIO I just want to use the same brand of products. My main objective is to protect my vehicle which is garaged and washed on a weekly basis with a proper wash technique. I will be using Optimum Opti-Seal as my last step product for protection so I dont want my polish to leave any protection behind but I want the product to be as gentle as possible not removing any clear coat or paint remember I will be applying and removing by hand in essence I basically want a paint cleanser. To get to the point which Optimum polish do you recommend I use?

sparklescarwash
02-07-2011, 02:46 PM
optimum poli-seal is the product u want

Thomas Dekany
02-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Removing clear by hand? You don`t need to worry about that at all. That is like thinking if you scrub your tires too much, you`ll wear out the tires.

Scottwax
02-07-2011, 08:21 PM
The new Optimum Hyper Polish works fine by hand, but really, if you want to get real results, you really need to use a buffer. You stand a much better chance marring the finish working by hand (fingertips make nasty marring all over) than removing excess clear using a DA (or even a rotary) polisher.

I did all my polishing by hand professionally for 10 years until I switched to using a machine. I won`t be going back to hand polishing. You simply cannot polish as deeply or evenly by hand as you can with a good DA, and the proper pads, polishes and techniques.