PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s UQD vs. UQW

Alexshimshimhae
02-06-2011, 05:17 PM
What`s the diff?

RobD
02-06-2011, 05:24 PM
UQD is a quick detailer that`s good for removing light contaminates and providing a temporary shine. UQW is a somewhat durable spray sealant that looks great, but has little to no cleaning ability. It can be used as a stand alone LSP, but is better suited as a booster for traditional LSP`s.

Alexshimshimhae
02-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Thanks rob!

I always had a bit of trouble differentiating spray waxes and quick detailers--I`ve always just assumed that QD was just a bit on the cleaning side and the waxes a bit more of the protection side...but being spray wax I figured it`d only be minimal...

I hear UQW looks absolutely amazing so as long as you`re not looking for sometign that lasts...was thinking if I could us it as a QD..lol guess not xD

also trying to sort out the FK`s--(ganna look for that thread somewhere)

imported_NHBFAN
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
UQW does look amazing. I was so impressed I just ordered the Synthetic X-Press gallon size which is nearly identical.

Durability isn`t its strong suit, but it leaves behind more protection than most QD`s, it can be applied to a wet vehicle, and can be applied in direct sunshine.

Don`t know much about Meg`s marketing hype concerning "Hydrophobic Polymer Technology", but I can tell you it beads like crazy.

Highly recommend UQW/Synthetic X-Press as a maintenance product to boost LSP`s after washes.