PDA

View Full Version : Meg`s Ultimate compound?

clnfrk
02-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I went to Autozone last night to pick up a Clay Magic kit and saw 2 bottles of the Ultimate compound on the shelf. After trying the 105 amd 205 products recently and being very pleased with them, I decided to add this to my arsenal as well. I really like the micro abrasive technology that Meg`s uses as opposed to other brands such as Menzerna (diminishing abrasives), which I pretty much used almost exclusively before the Meg`s line. I still like the Menzerna products, but I feel there is just too much guesswork with working times and knowing when the product is fully broken down.

Who has used the Ultimate compound here? I figure I can try this for jobs that don`t quite need the cut of the 105. How does it compare to SIP in regards to aggressiveness? Also, I have an off topic question...does anyone know why my post asking the differences between the Meg`s Shampoo and Hyper Wash was closed? Did I break some forum rule that I am not aware of? I will be trying the Duragloss wash that was mentioned in that thread however.

termigator
02-05-2011, 11:35 PM
I`ve used plenty of Ultimate Compound. It`s basically the consumer version of M105. I`ve used both and I really like both of them. M105 definitely has more cut, but UC is not far behind. I`ve used UC with an orange pad a few times after doing some wet sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper and it turned out really nice. I always try to have both at hand and at the price Meguiar`s charges for UC, I always try to use that first before using the much more expensive M105. More often than not, UC gets the job done and I can save the M105 for other occasions.

Kean
02-06-2011, 08:44 PM
I have used UC on a couple of occasions. I feel it fits nicely between my M205 and M105. ....I will even wager that my UC will see much more action than my M105 ever will. It`s very easy to use and quite effective depending on the situation. I was also surprised at how well it finished off when applied via DA. ....by hand I found it leaves visible micro-marring as you might expect from a "compound".