PDA

View Full Version : Dodo Juice wax users

solekeeper
02-02-2011, 11:18 PM
Hey guys, I`m looking for a good applicator to apply this wax with. Can anyone reccomend one? thanks!

my list of things to buy this weekend is becoming quite long!

JohnKleven
02-03-2011, 08:26 AM
Buy the Dodo Juice finger mitts. The best applicator on the market.

mhuf
02-03-2011, 01:48 PM
I had same question a couple of months ago. I had been using a microfiber pad, read that

foam was best.Tried foam, did not like it, went back to microfiber. I like the feel I get with the microfiber. I can feel the curves and the surface of the car better with the microfiber.

BigAl3
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
here`s another option to the finger mitts...

Gold Finger Pockets (http://properautocare.com/gofipo.html)

Gold Finger Pockets are made with the same German-formula,

soft finishing foam used in our best finishing pads and applicators.

This foam will not scratch painted, clear coated, polished or plated finishes.

AeroCleanse
02-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I use a round microfiber pad.

solekeeper
02-04-2011, 08:45 AM
john thanks for the suggestion.

Any other sites have that fingermitt? Haven`t ran into any.

AeroCleanse
02-04-2011, 12:48 PM
john thanks for the suggestion.

Any other sites have that fingermitt? Haven`t ran into any.

This one: Dodo Juice USA - (Powered by CubeCart) (http://www.dodojuiceusa.com/store/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=9)

sulla
02-04-2011, 01:31 PM
I dislike applying wax with anything mf.. Except for buffing.. Mf absorbs like crazy wax included.. IF i use mf pad i ended up using too much..

solekeeper
02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
thanks aero.

do you use them as well?

AeroCleanse
02-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I haven`t used that company, my Supernatural wax came from England when my parents went to visit.

JohnKleven
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I`ve got them here. Product Details: Dodo Juice SN Finger Mits (http://www.metropolitandetail.com/ecProduct_134_1)

theDodo
04-05-2011, 03:17 AM
I had same question a couple of months ago. I had been using a microfiber pad, read that

foam was best.Tried foam, did not like it, went back to microfiber. I like the feel I get with the microfiber. I can feel the curves and the surface of the car better with the microfiber.

I use a round microfiber pad.

the thing to remember is that (almost) all blends of microfibre are made to be absorbant. this causes them to take in the solvents used to make the wax being applied spreadable, decreasing the overall `spreadability` of the wax on the car. the other issue of microfibre application is small hardened flakes of protective wax/sealant can hide in the pile and when applied with pressure can micromarr the clear coat. NOTICE: this is the case for paste waxes/sealants, as liquid based products will be easier to apply with microfibre, as the pile will hold more product.

AeroCleanse
04-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Now the SN Finger applicators are more readily available in the US.

mhuf
04-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I wet my round microfiber pad also, don`t know if that makes a difference but I have always

wet my applicator and squeezed it out before use.

WAS
04-05-2011, 11:00 AM
I use a simple Terry Cloth cotton sponge with Dodo Juice. I hate using MF or foam for wax application.