PDA

View Full Version : Polish With Sealant: My Review...

91LSMAN
02-07-2006, 12:23 AM
Well, I was fortunate enough to recieve a bottle of the Polish with Sealant with my recent order. I used it on both Legends Yesterday and today, and overall I`m impressed with this product as I always am with Poorboys stuff. Here we go...

Color:Finally something that isn`t blue. I can tell it apart from all the other products. LOL :rolleyes:

Smell:AWESOME. I love the smell. My neighbors probably think I`m nuts if they saw me sniffing my bottle and pad as I went. LOL

Application:I applied it at speed 3 or 4 with my PC using a Red finishing pad. Was very easy to spread thin and as always, a little bit went a long way.

Removal:Simply amazing. I let the product sit on each car for about 30 minutes and removal was sooooooo easy. One or two wipes with a microfiber is all it took, no streaking of any kind.

LookIt gives a very glossy look that I love. On my Red 91 Legend it looked amazing and wet. On the green 94 Legend it was very very glossy. On the 91 I topped it with Natty`s blue and it gives an amzing shine and pop. On the green 94 I`m going to leave it alone.

Overall:AWESOME product.

Yeah, I know-where are the pics-sorry no time. LOL

cwcad
02-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the review!! What color was it? What did it smell like?

Got bottle from Steve also. Enjoyed the product so much that I have been bugging Steve to hurry with a release of the finished product. Would liketo take back to Alaska to do one steps on a number of cars that are already lined up.

G35stilez
02-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the review.

Have you tested it on any neglected finishes?

JaredPointer
02-07-2006, 08:16 AM
This is more or less a general question about the product, but may be one that Steve has to answer.

It seems that a polish/sealant combo is usually does not perform as well as a dedicated polish and a dedicated sealant used in conjunction with one another. To me, it seems that if the polishing aspect is great, that the sealant side will be lacking, and vice versa. What I would like to know is how well this product performs in both areas. Does the polish work well? What does the sealant look like? How long will it give protection? Those sort of questions.

For me, an example would be Meg`s ColorX. While I like it as an all in one, I think the polish side is much better than the protection side. When I use it, I always follow up with a sealant or a wax.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :)

mgm2003
02-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I love the smell of PwS! It leaves a nice slick finish too.

Based on my uses, you`d want to step up to something with a little more bite for defect correction, then final polish/seal with PwS. PwS will tackle very light marring, but that`s about it.

Poorboy
02-07-2006, 10:54 AM
these samples were the first prototypes with little correction ability, mostly made for a new or well maintained vehicle. The next version:naughty: should be a bit stronger, but not as strong as a dedicated swirl or scratch remover .

Mikeyc
02-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Color:Finally something that isn`t blue. I can tell it apart from all the other products. LOL :rolleyes:
:lmfao :lmfao :lmfao
Steve really does like blue doesn`t he.

91LSMAN
02-07-2006, 11:42 AM
Sorry didn`t mention-it was orange in color and smelled a bit like oranges. Almost like candy.

The 94 Legend is a slightly neglected finish. It`s dad`s daily driver for the bad weather and sits outside every night, and sometimes gets washed by my brother who is only 15 and still learning. It shined up that paint real nice and hid a few imperfections. (swirls-not all of them-just a few are less noticeable on the door-this car has also had parts of it re-painted by the previous owner) I got home after my dad and one of the 1st things he said was "Did you do something to my Legend?" There was a visable improvement.

WX51 TXR
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
I take it the polishing action is based on solvent-based cleaning agents rather than micro-fine abrasive particles? Just trying to work out how this compares to Klasse AIO/Menzerna Acrylic Jacket.

budman3
02-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Correct. In my experience this is a chemical polish that won`t polish out swirls but a polish that will clean the paint. However, it looks like Steve may be changing that in the new batch...

SilverLexus
02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the review. I was hoping for some pics of that gorgeous LS though. :)

91LSMAN
02-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the review. I was hoping for some pics of that gorgeous LS though. :)

Sorry. LOL

I tend to post more pics in the summer time. Although the weather today was amazing!!!