PDA

View Full Version : heavy oxidation

Vettecor
01-27-2011, 11:47 PM
I just purchased a 1991 Ford T-Bird which is blue. All of the top surfaces have heavy white oxidation, but no cracking.

Would the blue paint still be good under the oxidation? What products would I need to use to remove the oxidation?

The only product I have is Klasse AIO. Also just have a 6" inexpensive buffer from Sears.

Thanks

Larry

PS- I think I posted on the wrong forum earlier. Sorry

JohnKleven
01-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey Larry, to properly polish this out you will probably need to perform a 3 stage polish starting with a wool pad, a medium cut foam pad, and a finishing foam pad. I would recommend the Menzerna line of polishes from Power Gloss to Super Intensive Polish to Super Finish, a set of Lake Country pads, white wool, orange foam, and white foam. You will also need to step up your machine to something with a bit more power. Unfortunately it`s not too cheap to get started, but with some practice you can get a lot of use out of having the right tools. Otherwise, you could take it to a professional detailer.

John

Jesstzn
01-28-2011, 01:55 PM
In cases of heavy oxidization I have actually had great results with Meguiars ColorX ... you`ll need lots of towels and a few applicators because it takes off the oxidization and pluggs them up.

It has to go somewhere ..