PDA

View Full Version : When using the sheeting method....

G37
01-26-2011, 12:06 AM
I just recently started using the sheeting method I take off the shut off valve/quick connect off the hose...I have searched and looked but couldnt find anything.....

Is there a rubber boot for the hose end just in case you never know it might come into contact with the car???

Accumulator
01-26-2011, 12:10 PM
I just recently started using the sheeting method I take off the shut off valve/quick connect off the hose..

Take it off it if interferes with the sheeting action, leave it on if it doesn`t.

Is there a rubber boot for the hose end just in case you never know it might come into contact with the car???

I`d just attach a piece of hose with the metal end fitting cut off if I were concerned with that. But I`d be far enough away from the paint that it wouldn`t be an issue.

Heh heh, I haven`t done the "sheeting rinse" thing for a decade, but here I am giving advice about it :o

imported_Ivan Rajic
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
I keep the rubber nozzle on the hose end when doing the sheeting method to help dry the car. I simply lower the stream by turning the nozzle and also lower the pressure with the valve that sits between my quick connect and washer nozzle. Works just fine and no worries about metal hitting the paint.