PDA

View Full Version : glad I said no to dealer car wash

mbaoo
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
I took my car to get its oil changed at the dealer today. They washed last time I was there even though I asked them to not wash it. :frusty: It wasnt that big of a deal though cause it already had swirls. And Im sure they put even more in after that.

Anyways, Ive since then, ive removed about 95% of the swirls on my altima. Ive read the horror stories about dealer washes. When I went in today, the second thing I said after I said I wanted an oil change is for them to please NOT wash it. I then pointed out the "Please do NOT wash" sign I made that I had resting on my dash.

This time they understood. As I stood around waiting I could see other cars going through the auto matic swirl machine. The spinning brushes were filthy. I was probably 500 feet away but I could see that the blue brushes were somewhat brown on the bottom half. When they were at rest, the bottom brushes rested on the ground. :tape:

They had these big filthy buckets next to the machine with one of those push broom shaped brushes. I wasnt able to observe the drying process. I but I saw part of the washing stage and I was not impressed.

Haha yeah, so if you take your car to Mossy Nissan of El Cajon, politely pass on the wash. :becky:

BigAl3
01-24-2011, 05:05 PM
imagine all the dirty low quality chamois/towels they are grinding into your paint as well...

imported_Ivan Rajic
01-24-2011, 05:22 PM
mbaoo, you got fairly lucky actually. I have clients who need to post 4-5 signs as well as speak to 3 different people to make it clear they don`t want a wash. Dealers and detailers at the dealer think they`re doing you a favor by washing it, so even if you ask they think "Meh let`s just do it and make him happy anyway". Next time I`d suggest adding one more sign and telling another person not to touch the paint at all, just in case!

az57chevy
01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I actually have my service writer list it in the notes that show up for each work order. One more opportunity for them to know my feelings.

David Fermani
01-25-2011, 07:08 PM
I was totally surprised when I was at the Benz service Dept and noticed a drawer full of "DO NOT WASH" flyers they would stick to a customer`s car. No surprise seeing that this is how they wash their cars:

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/PolyProDetail/Picture056-1.jpg

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/PolyProDetail/Picture058-1.jpg

Not only do they used dirty water/scrub brushes, but their wash system is totally crappy.

SilverCivic
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
^Nice :mmph:

Scottwax
01-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Pretty typical.

Greg Nichols
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I have given my clients something similar that I laminate and put in the jocky box, it states that if they wash they WILL be billed for the detailing of the car.

Here is something>

Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=144741)

Cheers,

GREG

Junebug
01-26-2011, 08:07 AM
I was day dreaming at the Maserati dealership after hours one night when a truck pulled up. Two guys jumped out and started spraying the cars with a gas powered power washer, then one used the same towel on a whole row to dry them off. No wonder they have scratches and swirls. If I could afford one - it would be special ordered and under conditions not to be touched after it gets off the truck!