PDA

View Full Version : Hey there, noob from South Africa

katotter
01-24-2011, 02:21 AM
I`m from South Africa and a total noob to the detaling world. I chatted a few time with a member on JettaMKV.com, his name there is FliGLI, hav`nt spotted him on here though. I am very interested in learning and interacting on here. I`ve been snooping and browsing, saw a lot of stuff I know nothing about, but will learn with time. I like cleaning my own car and want to learn more so I can do it for a living. Hope to hear from you guys.

imported_dfazekas
01-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Welcome to autopia!

01-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Welcome to Autopia. Tell us what detailing is like in S. Africa.

danny251
01-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Hello katotter! :)

katotter
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
Well, it`s the same over here as elsewhere in the world, you get guys like me that worship the cars we own and then you get the slackers that will possibly never tough their cars with a cloth or water. I live in a verrrrry small town and here is not a lot to do with detailing at all, I might be the only one interested, if you want, go to google maps and find the town called Hoedspruit and see for yourself how small it is, here is a Air Force base, Housing base for the military personell and a few shops and offices, the main thing is touris attractions. But I often make a 2 hour trip to my sister and brother-in-law, their in a big city, there is track days, hot rods, drag days and a lot of gtg`s. But for the most part, I dont get to talk to a lot of SA detailers as I`m in the worng place.

Thanx for the greetings, hope to learn a lot from you pro`s.

katotter
02-03-2011, 01:58 AM
Found this on our local detailing forum, this is what some off the guys can pull off, I`m not there yet, but will be one day.

Transformer (http://www.waxon.co.za/showthread.php?tid=1399)