PDA

View Full Version : Leather ding .. don`t know how happened?

imported_doctordon
01-22-2011, 11:09 AM
http://wetstuff.com/ideas/leather.JPG

... maybe extractor hose .. air hose .. Duh`no?! ...but I have to somehow "fix" this. I realize a real fix is not in the cards but before I end up with an even bigger shovel in my hand, I thought I`d ask for some assistance. I usually read the posts and glean lots of info, but now I need actual help. Thanks.

Jim

BluBrett
01-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Is it black? you could use a sharpie to make it less noticeable.

DaGonz
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Ummmm.. the color in the pic is brown....

You could contact a tailor who specializes in leather coat repair and ask for advice.

Roger Koh
01-23-2011, 01:36 AM
To Fix the Ding:

To fix the ding, scuff or scratch; you need a pH 3.3 Hydrator to relax it; soak up the hydrator with cotton pad or fold absorbent paper; cling wrapped with transparent food wrapper; and let it dwell for a few hours until the leather is relax and soft; thereafter used a ball-tip tool to return the ding back to its original position.

To Fix the Leather Structure:

Use a leather impregnator; this will seal the porous damage leather crust and recreated a smooth surface.

To Fill the Missing Fiber:

Find any of the reverse side of this leather or find a similar color that we can scrape from the suede side to replace the missing fiber and bond it with a waterbased leather bond; similar to how fiberglass is made. This process returns the repair as ````genous. The fast alternative is to fill with leather stucco; which eventually will hairline crack when flex too often.

Custom Color Mix:

To recreate the color use Maroon with Black for shading.

Color Touch-up:

Micro-pigment color is preferred; to be touch up with a fine painting brush.

Topcoat Touch-up:

Again matching micro-pigment topcoat is preferred and is available in gloss, satin and matte.

Rub-Resistant Protection:

This protection will reduce or prevent this incident to occur; especially when it is smoothly lubricated with a buttery-feel.

Roger Koh

[email protected]

detailman1
01-23-2011, 10:33 AM
go to colorplus.com

imported_doctordon
01-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Roger... I wish I had the time to drive to Vanc! I surely appreciate your time in typing this out - I printed it.

d1... I looked at CP. Not a stock color.. but they would do matches. 75sq` can is carpet bombing the problem, but I appreciate the assistance.

DG... It used to be tailors spoke Italian or Yiddish, now days the SE Asian languages (in my area) make communication somewhat more difficult. Not a bad idea, but I would be nervous. Maybe a shoe guy - what lawyer has not scuff`d a toe on his fancy shoes?!

Jim

Jim