PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a paint safe MF towel thats as big as a beach towel?

AntonV
01-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Ive searched all over the internet, and came across MF bath towels, but I dont trust the blends.

Heres my situation. My car is always clean & always in the garage. The problem is when the garage door opens & closes. It drips a little water (when its wet outside) onto the trunk. Also, if its raining & the wind is in the right direction, the back of the car will get misted.

The garage door is the main/most used entrance into & out of the house, so theres no way I can change that. What Im looking for is a nice big towel that I can drape over the back of the car. Basically, Ill use 2 suction cups w hooks on the top corners of the rear windshield. Attach the towel to them & let it fall to the rear apron.

Im VERY anti- car covers, so theres no way Ill go that route. I just want a simple on/off solution that will keep me happy.

DI is having a sale on MF`s right now. If I buy 10 16x16 mfs and sew them together, it might work. Im no seamstress, and if I do buy them, itll never get done. Just looking for a supplier than can provide a larger piece.

Any suggestions?

imported_Ivan Rajic
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Is the car driven regularly or garaged? Why are you against car covers? I`m asking because unless it`s driven daily, a proper cleaning than throwing a car cover of it would be best. If it is driven daily though, car cover is a pain to deal with because it should only be placed onto a freshly washed car. I wish I could be of more help but I honestly don`t know of a place that sells something that large. You can possibly buy 3-4 of the 24x36 waffle weave dry towels?

AlexRuiz
01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
The Viking drying towel is the biggest one I have seen.

Big enough? probably not.

RaskyR1
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Why not just use an old sheet?

If you want towels the sale at DI is pretty good right now, actually have an order in my cart right now. :D

IMO, you`d be better of getting two or three of the WW drying towels.

Legacy
01-20-2011, 06:11 PM
You can use 2 Pakshak mf`s or two waffle weave which will hold water better. Both are 25" X 36".

Accumulator
01-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Maybe get a few of the 41" x 20" MF fender covers that Griot`s sells (pn 77675).