PDA

View Full Version : wax removal with pressure washing?

sacdetailing
01-16-2011, 07:44 PM
could wax (845 or optimum spray wax) be removed or have less beading, shine and protective ability over time if car is pressure washed 2 times a week? Just wondering. this guys at my dealership that i will be cleaning cars for pressure wash cars (wash) for 99 cent a car... 2 times a week and i need to know if it will strip wax over time

sparklescarwash
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
yes the pressure washer can but optimum spray wax is so easy to use it would take no time to reaply

Alexshimshimhae
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
it`s .99 cent per car...a) i don`t think (assuming reasonable pressure) it would make a significant difference in performance b)it`s .99 per car--I doubt they should expect much in the first place

gigondaz
01-17-2011, 08:36 AM
could wax (845 or optimum spray wax) be removed or have less beading, shine and protective ability over time if car is pressure washed 2 times a week? Just wondering. this guys at my dealership that i will be cleaning cars for pressure wash cars (wash) for 99 cent a car... 2 times a week and i need to know if it will strip wax over time

If you don`t pressure wash so aggresively, it shd not affect the wax.

Based on my experimentation and advice from microfiber towel mftrs in Korea, the greatest gradual strippers of waxes and sealants are:

1. Type of car shampoo used.

2. Contact time (shampoo on paintwork). I rinse off asap.

3. Drying - Most MFs are renowned for their cleaning ability. They hv a cutting action. Continued wiping/rubbing on a waxed surface will gradually "cut away" that wax or sealant.

When I do maintenance washing on my client`s cars, each panel is quickly flushed to minimise contact time with shampoo. Non-oily compressed air (from oil-less compressor) is used to blow off water, needing only very light, minimal wiping with MF.