PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some recomendations for polishes/ waxes for customer`s cars.

Pages : [1] 2

gtochris
12-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Hello,

We have our normal cars (GTO, Mustang GT, Acura TSX) that we wash weekly/ polish/ wax as needed, we generally use Klasse or Mothers type products for our cars, but I`m open to just about anything that is easy to use, durable, minimal dust.

About 3 years ago we started a part time /evening business detailing and every year has been better! We have alot of repeat business/ customers and did 55 cars this year. I think for our area we are well regarded, I wouldnt consider us professionals in the Autopia definition, but we are very good with restoring a vehicle to as near showroom condition as possible.

What brings me here today is we deal with alot of very average Cars/ trucks & SUV`s, very gritty vehicles that generally see a car wash if it anything. We clay just about everything and my partner is VERY good with a rotary where as I prefer the Orbital. He has been using this 3M type body shop compound and although it produces good results, it`s incredibly dusty, hard to remove, and often we have to do another wash just to get the dust out!

I`ve had it and am looking for some recomendations that will compound/ polish and easier to work with and can be used with the orbital.

Also looking for some wax/ cleaner wax type/ protection/ carnuba or sealents that will clean a little while providing durable protection that is durable for the cars we dont need to compound. I`m not wild about using the Klasse on customers cars because it is fickle and I`m still feeling it out on my own car.

I`m trying to cut time and steps. Any tips?

Thanks!

Chris

sparklescarwash
12-24-2010, 05:49 PM
Meg 105 compound and 205 polish. optimum poli-seal is great for an aio very easy to use.

justin30513
12-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I was a big 105/205 guy until I tried UNO last week. There is no dusting and you just change pads to vary cut. A really nice polish.

D151 is still the best all in one for me. As for waxes, Meguiar`s Synthetic Spray Wax is about as easy as it comes. Lasts as long as most other waxes on the market.

imported_Ivan Rajic
12-24-2010, 09:14 PM
I was a big 105/205 guy until I tried UNO last week. There is no dusting and you just change pads to vary cut. A really nice polish.

D151 is still the best all in one for me. As for waxes, Meguiar`s

Synthetic Spray Wax is about as easy as it comes. Lasts as long as most other waxes on the market.

Justin I have both the new and old Uno but still haven`t had a chance to play with it... How would you describe it`s cut ability compared to 105 and or 205? Between the two, closer to 205, etc? Just wondering as I`ve heard good things and want to try it out asap.

imported_DJ Mayo
12-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Ivan-

Thomas uses it a lot and swears by it. The only bottle of UNO I have is from about a year back they sent me. It was a pain to get off the paint on a few cars I tried it on so I haven`t used it since. I want to try the new stuff though.

imported_Ivan Rajic
12-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Yea I`m at that state where I`m waiting for enough "qualified" people to tell me it`s good to go, so I can start playing with it haha.

I`ll have to give them both a shot ASAP on some dedicated pads and see how it goes.

PS.. What machine(s) and pad(s) did you try it with and what does Thomas use?

imported_DJ Mayo
12-24-2010, 10:13 PM
I have tried it with their UNO pad and all colored LC pads on both Makita and PC. I have tried over applying product and even under applying, no matter what I did, it was a pain to fully remove from the paint. Thomas used it primarily with the Flex I believe and flat pads from DI.

imported_Ivan Rajic
12-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Gotcha, thanks. I`ll be giving it a shot with their pad and also w, o and maybe black with the Flex. Did you try it on just one car/paint or others?

imported_DJ Mayo
12-24-2010, 10:36 PM
several cars..same results

AeroCleanse
12-24-2010, 10:47 PM
System 51 Polish, GTechniq P1 Polish, DodoJuice Need For Speed Cleaner Wax or Meg`s D151. I would also look at Ultima Paint Guard Plus, its a great sealant and easy to apply.

Scottwax
12-25-2010, 12:46 AM
New Optimum polishes are very low dusting and both rotary and DA friendly.

DM101
12-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Menzerna makes the best Polishing Compounds I have used. PO85RD is hard to beat. Check out Autogeek.net ..... Then follow with a good sealant like Blackfire Wet Diamond or my favorite HD Poxy.

gtochris
12-25-2010, 08:41 AM

D151 is still the best all in one for me. As for waxes, Meguiar`s Synthetic Spray Wax is about as easy as it comes. Lasts as long as most other waxes on the market.

What is UNO? I`m not too good with the abreviations, but does it take the place of both 105 and 205?

How do you work the synthetic spray wax? Do you spray it on then go over with a machine? I`ll look it up.

-Chris

DM101
12-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Uno a good product High Definition Total Auto Polish (http://www.autopia.org/cart/HD-UNO.html) Spray waxes just spray on and wipe off. Optimum Polymer Technologies makes Optimum Car Wax the best I have used.

BigAl3
12-25-2010, 01:46 PM
^ just to add, if you purchase uno right now, you get a free poxy with free shipping as well...

HD Uno and HD Poxy Combo (http://www.autopia.org/cart/HD-POXY-9-oz-and-HD-POXY-9-oz.html?page=1)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia-store/133602-free-shipping-continued-through-jan-2nd.html

http://www.autopia.org/cart/images/P/uno%2Bpoxy.jpg