PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on AG HD wax

Pages : [1] 2

icedtea
12-21-2010, 08:50 PM
I think I got a great deal on this stuff. Twenty bucks from my local walmart :). I knew they had it so I took a quick walk over to the car "detailing" section and saw it red tagged. Luckily I picked up the last one.

My boss asked if he could drop off his daughters new car at my house until Christmas, as an added bonus he asked if I could detail it. I said sure, for $50. :drool: I started off with a CG citrus wash. Then put on some AG SRP and let it sit for 30 minutes (I love SRP). Next I broke out my new jar of HD wax. It smelt kind of like bouncy balls :suspicious: . It was easy to apply and average to remove ( even though I probably over applied on the white car and my unfamiliarity to the HD wax.) The shine it left was apparent, even though it was dark outside... too dark that I didn`t take any pictures yet. In addition, I ran some water over it and it beaded like no other wax i`ve used. The only thing I could compare it to was the way fresh rain-x beads.

All in all - for $20 I think it was a great buy.

It was dark out so I will add pictures of the car tomorrow.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/9522/img0521xx.jpg

imported_01GreyStangGT
12-21-2010, 09:06 PM
It is really good stuff. It`s one of the most reflective waxes I`ve used. Easy to operate is a big plus for a paste wax. I have 2 kits.

Junebug
12-21-2010, 09:34 PM
20 bucks? heck of a deal bro!

Dan
12-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I really like it, it looks great AND continues to look great after its been washed. Seems very durable too. Not sure if I`d buy it for more than $30, but it is a steal at $20. It really reminds me of Megs #16.

2005GTPinMD
12-22-2010, 07:11 AM
I really like it, it looks great AND continues to look great after its been washed. Seems very durable too. Not sure if I`d buy it for more than $30, but it is a steal at $20. It really reminds me of Megs #16.

It is pretty durable - some guy in Britain did a test on a horse transporter left outside and I think durability was close to 4 or 5 months.

mzdalvr
12-22-2010, 08:47 AM
I`ve used this product after finding the same deal and I have to say it`s very good. I`m a avid mothers reflections guy so I was surprised that it came out good.

The only question is what is the best way to clean the microfiber towel and applicators when your done?

icedtea
12-22-2010, 02:13 PM
I`ve used this product after finding the same deal and I have to say it`s very good. I`m a avid mothers reflections guy so I was surprised that it came out good.

The only question is what is the best way to clean the microfiber towel and applicators when your done?

I use Chemical Guy`s microfiber cleaner concentrate for all of my microfiber, and for pads I just let them soak in a bowl of hot water and soap.

White lexus 23
12-22-2010, 05:19 PM
I find he AG HD wax to be very very good. It is pretty durable and looks great I just wish the container it came in was bigger. But I think it is awesome

mbaoo
12-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Ive been curious about this product ever since it graced walfarts shelves. Glad I waited. It was like 35-40s before. I just went today and snagged the last one on the shelf for 20. :)

photoadjuster
12-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Did you notice that the applicators were pre-dampened and ready to go?

There are 4 on the shelf at the local wally, I got one and if it warms up and it works well, I may get the other 3.

mbaoo
12-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I noticed that as well. The bags containing the applicators were filled with condensation.

BigAl3
12-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Did you notice that the applicators were pre-dampened and ready to go?

they`re suppose to be, otherwise if they dry they`ll be hard as a brick and useless to use...

mbaoo
12-25-2010, 12:17 AM
So are we supposed to wash the pads after use and then bag them up after so they dont dry? How are we supposed to care for the pads?

BigAl3
12-25-2010, 02:20 AM
So are we supposed to wash the pads after use and then bag them up after so they dont dry? How are we supposed to care for the pads?

i`m sure some probably put them back in the bag after use without cleaning them. you can always rinse it out and squeeze any remaining water and put it back in the bag damp like how they came...

Junebug
12-25-2010, 09:39 PM
I found that applying with a PC and a red LC pad works good. Speed 3 -and work it in. Oh and Megs 16 works well that way too.