PDA

View Full Version : Orange/brown looking water spots after washisng.

G37
12-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Just washed the car today after it has been raining on and off these last two weeks. The car is garaged and washed every week or every other week. The car is waxed after every wash with a spray wax. I make it a habit to not park under trees and especially when it’s raining. In the three months I have owned the car after this wash I noticed orange/brown copper to be exact water spot looking stains. In a past thread I was recommended to use clay/AIO/ or polish if these didn’t work to get rid of crud like specs that remained after washing. These are water spot looking stains I started using clay but ended with a light polish but think the clay did a better job. For those of you who have light color cars do you suffer from stains after it rains too and is clay the correct way to get these stains out by the way the clay removed these with hardly any effort??

Jaws2008
12-11-2010, 11:57 PM
is it something just after you wash your car you notice and such... your water could have lots of minerals and iron in. Iron in water usually leaves orange stains and minerals are brown. Thats what hints me for it to be that. I almost never seem to get water spots so I can really answer you on the light colored car question.

G37
12-12-2010, 12:14 PM
is it something just after you wash your car you notice and such... your water could have lots of minerals and iron in. Iron in water usually leaves orange stains and minerals are brown. Thats what hints me for it to be that. I almost never seem to get water spots so I can really answer you on the light colored car question.

Thanks, but it happen afte the car saw rain for several days and they didnt come off when I washed the car. I think water might have fell on it off something suah as a building or tree etc.

is clay the way to go to get these spots off?

Accumulator
12-12-2010, 01:50 PM
... is clay the way to go to get these spots off?

It`s a good first-attempt choice. IF the clay doesn`t work then try paint cleaner/AIO and if that doesn`t work then an abrasive polish. Decontamination systems can work great but those are basically a clean-slate approach for when you`re redoing the whole exterior detail and want to start with bare paint everywhere.

So since it sounds like the clay is working well, I`d just stick with that.

I can`t help but wonder if the spray wax you`re using is providing sufficient protection..sounds like the [whatever-it-is] sure gets bonded to the paint instead of just sitting on top of your LSP and then getting washed off.

G37
12-12-2010, 03:27 PM
It`s a good first-attempt choice. IF the clay doesn`t work then try paint cleaner/AIO and if that doesn`t work then an abrasive polish. Decontamination systems can work great but those are basically a clean-slate approach for when you`re redoing the whole exterior detail and want to start with bare paint everywhere.

So since it sounds like the clay is working well, I`d just stick with that.

I can`t help but wonder if the spray wax you`re using is providing sufficient protection..sounds like the [whatever-it-is] sure gets bonded to the paint instead of just sitting on top of your LSP and then getting washed off.

I was have been thinking this myself the last few washes due to the reason that after washing I am spending quite some time doing touch ups.