PDA

View Full Version : swissvax waxes

dpe_g35
12-06-2010, 03:31 AM
is there really a difference between all the different types of waxes that swissvax sells? ive tried swissvax crystal rock (Paul Dalton edtion) and the results were amazing! i was just wondering if the cheaper swissvax waxes will give me the same results? like Swissvax Concorso ?

gigondaz
12-06-2010, 04:14 AM
is there really a difference between all the different types of waxes that swissvax sells? ive tried swissvax crystal rock (Paul Dalton edtion) and the results were amazing! i was just wondering if the cheaper swissvax waxes will give me the same results? like Swissvax Concorso ?

General answer: Depends on the colour, type of colour, and how extensive was the surface prep.

Some people like the carnauba look, some don`t .

I`ve been a hardcore Swissvax user for the past 6yrs, and have done lots of BLIND testing throughout the years on different Swissvaxes. My "judges" were car enthusiasts, hardcore detailing enthusiasts and high-end customers who know zero about detailing.

IMO, and I am not seeking agreement here:chuckle::chuckle:, Swissvax Onyx (lowest model) is still the best for me in terms of $$ vs any noticeable diff.

In a blind test comparing Onyx vs Concorso on an extensively prepped red car, not ONE out of the 7 customers mentioned about any differences. To me, that means, there was no significant difference that instantly attracted their highly discerning attention.

So, I`ve stuck to Onyx ever since:chuckle:.

Onyx is superb on reds, blacks and other dark colours.

On whites, silver and light colours....I was not impressed by Onyx and even Concorso.

Tip:Based on my BLIND testing again, any Swissvaxes produced a most fantastic look if applied on top of their pure polish called Cleaner Fluid. Red would hv that dripping wet, molten rich look that seems alive! You can use any polishes...but Swissvax carnauba on top of their CFluid is magical.

Durability:The above red car (LSP: Onyx) was washed every 3 days with shampoo with no QD ever being used. Durability in hot tropical weather was approx 8weeks before water beads started to lose their shape.

Water beading: Loads of closely-spaced very small beads. Reminded me of Zaino Z2Pro.

Additional attraction of Onyx: On top of any pure polish and fine cut polishes from Meguiars, Menzerna, Swissvax..and also Klasse AIO and ZAIO, Onyx is very easy to buff off without the slightest problem of smudginess, uneveness, and streaking...even in highly humid and hot conditions. 45minute drying time in this kinda climate. This is why I love Swissvaxes - foolproof and worry-free.

Kevin Brown
12-06-2010, 04:42 AM
Wonderful feedback, gigondaz. Excellent! :goodjob

dpe_g35
12-06-2010, 04:55 AM
thanks for the info, so your saying thats theres really no difference between crystal rock and Onyx swissvax waxes? im guessing the secret is the Cleaner Fluid?

Apollo_Auto
12-06-2010, 04:34 PM
The main differences that you`re going to see between let`s say Mirage, Concorso, Divine, Mystery and Crystal Rock is with the gloss. Onyx is more of an entry level wax that will give you a nice finish and provide good durability, but not the likes of the others. The others will give you about the same amount of durability, excluding Mystery which is about 2 months max, as it`s designed to be a "show wax". Actually CR should give you the best durability out of them all and the best shine, but if you don`t want to fork out that kind of $$, Concorso is a fantastic wax... I use it quiet often :).

As for all the other waxes that they sell, yes there is a reason. I won`t go through the list of them all, but for example Blau Weiss is made for BMW`s to bring out the best of the factory paint... it`s basically designed to reduce the amount of visible orange peel in the paint by playing on light refraction :). So yes, there`s a reason for all their different waxes.

dpe_g35
12-06-2010, 08:04 PM
oh ok, yeah im looking for a swissvax similar to the crystal rock! but dont want to ditch $1300 lol

gigondaz
12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Wonderful feedback, gigondaz. Excellent! :goodjob

Thanx bro:chuckle:

In another test, 2 identical brand new 1mth-old Civics (black) were prepped in exactly the same method.

Car 1 (LSP): Swissvax Onyx on top of Swissvax "Cleaner Fluid" pure polish.

Car 2 (LSP): Swissvax Concorso "

I did not reveal any details of the methodology to the 12 persons who were in my shop for drinks. They were just invited to comment on the 2 cars. Coming from a consumer research background, I felt this was the most unbiased way. They only knew both cars have been extensively detailed and awaiting collection. No prompting and no hinting at anything.

They were walking around the car indoors, gawking at the 2 cars for 15mins, and then both cars were driven out onto the sunny shop front. Again...lots of praises but no one said "Hey! Why does this car look so much diff from the other one?".

1 person was a mobile pro detailer, 1 was a paint technician (domestic household paint), and the rest were hardcore detailing enthusiasts who`re hyper critical about their paintjobs.

As detailers, we know what have been done to our customers` cars.

We might see and perceive things differently from the car owners.

Hi-fi magazine reviewers can seemingly "hear" things that other mere mortals can`t...hence justifying the purchase of that $2000 per meter cable made of pure silver.

IMO, if I wanna upgrade from Swissvax A to Swissvax B, the product`s price difference is NOT negligible, and therefore, I expect car owners to instantly see a significant difference between the 2.

If not...I`ll simply stick to the lower-priced one:chuckle: