PDA

View Full Version : Removing dried 3m OML from wheels

w0cyru01
12-05-2010, 06:52 PM
I have what I believe might be OML (or something similar) on my wheels.

My car went into the body shop some time back and I have been busy with changing jobs/moving/etc. that I never really noticed. One time washing my wheels I noticed substance flaking off, almost like paint. Well I haven`t been able to get all of it off and has been on there for some time.

I was reading a thread on here about a protectant "spray mask" body shops use so I think they might have used that, so now that I "think" I know what it is was looking for some help on getting it off. They are G35 stock wheels. I`ve tried scrubbing it seems to be stuck on there. Tried Mother`s wheel cleaner and that didn`t seem to help.

Would using a blow dryer to heat it up and scrap it off work? Anything else...it`s dark and cold and I don`t have a garage now so I can`t go try it, but it was just an idea I had. Or if anyone might think it could be something else I could answer that as well. It`s only on the front two wheels where the work was being done, so thus my assumption. I will probably call the shop tomorrow to see if they can tell me anything as well.