PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Mytee 8070 lite ii?

bdownbear
12-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Want to know more information on the connection. Does it run through a 120 or 220 volt connection?

imported_smprince1
12-04-2010, 12:01 PM
mine runs on 120.

nrpepper
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM
The Mytee Lite II requires 20 Amps on a 115/120 Volt outlet.

wesr
12-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Quick question as well, how loud is it? I have read reviews on the Aztec saying they needed ear plugs, is the Mytee that loud that I need ear plugs?

Street5927
12-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Quick question as well, how loud is it? I have read reviews on the Aztec saying they needed ear plugs, is the Mytee that loud that I need ear plugs?

I have the Mytee HP60, and it is not loud at all.

Lonnie
12-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Not to hijack this thread, but your concern about noise and the use of earplugs is a very valid concern. I have a Bissell Little Green Machine Pro-Heat that sounds like a jet taking off, so yes, I wear earplugs when I use it. Same thing when I use a leaf-blower for drying off a car after rinsing it. (Works GREAT for all those hidden areas that water gets into and then seeps out AFTER you`ve wiped off the vehicle!) Having a significant hearing loss myself due to family genetics and my own neglect, you REALLY need to protect the hearing you have left.

imported_WCD
12-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Lonnie,

After years of my wife saying, "You need to get your ears cleaned or checked," I did. I have some loss due to years of drumming with no protection- once bled listening to my cd player coming back from a golf tourn. in high school.

I use headphones- not plugs- whenever I now use a polisher, or anything. It`s not going to undo the damage, but they sure ring less.

If I can only get myself to wear earplugs at concerts...Social Distortion later this month and I just can`t bring myself to wear them at concerts!

Great point on protecting yourself. Also, how many of us use lung protection? I have seen some nasty chemicals and dust from sanding with no protection. You can`t polish cars if you are dead! :)

Rob

scrubs147
12-29-2010, 09:41 PM
If I were you I would seriously look into the Durrmaid Super 1600 Extractor & Wet/Dry Vacuum instead. I had the Mytee II and was not impressed with it at all. I actually got better results with a vapor steamer and a shop vac. Seriously, the Mytee II only has an 85" water lift, not much more than a good shop vac. The Durrmaid Super 1600 Extractor & Wet/Dry Vacuum has a 107" water lift and costs less than the cumbersome Mytee II. When & if I ever get another extractor (that is if I ever feel the need for one), I will be going with the Durrmaid.