PDA

View Full Version : 3D Eraser experience? Water spot removal gel.

not_a_virus.exe
12-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Eraser (http://www.3dproducts.com/eraser-water-spot-remover-p264.html)

I had these water spots on almost all my windows and side mirrors and my detailer was unable to remove them. Well, I tried this new guy who does mobile car washes and he was able to remove some of the water spots and said he can do the rest of the water spots at another time if he wanted me to do so. When asked what product he used, he said it was "3D Eraser."

Before I set an appointment, has anyone used this product before?

Tony1
12-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I don`t know if he is referring to the Magic Erasers you can buy for a dollar or so, but if he is they work great on glass and you don`t need him to do it.

De WALTER
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I currently use 3D Eraser Gel, Its really easy to use, put a little on a microfiber and it will wipe off water spots that haven`t etched the glass or paint. If the water spots have damaged the glass or paint you may have to buff the car out. Hope this Helps... Walter

imported_fastcar
12-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey DeWalter, just picked up some Eraser. Do I have to worry about it etching glass?

BigAl3
12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Do I have to worry about it etching glass?

Removes scum and hard water spots from glass and body of the car with very little effort. It will restore the optical clarity of the glass. This mild acid-based formula will break the bond between mineral deposits and the surface. Amazingly will remove water spots from painted surfaces, thus preventing heavy-duty buffing. Excellent on car wash tunnel windows and shower doors.

Spread a small amount on cool glass or paint of the car. Rub in with a towel and rinse off. For extreme conditions repeat process using a Scrub Sponge (Part# G-28). Although “3D Eraser Gel” is a mild based acidic product, do not leave it on any surface for more than 1 MINUTE. Longer periods might etch glass. To neutralize, use “3D’s Pink Car Soap” (Part# 202). USE GLOVES and PROTECTIVE EYEWARE.

De WALTER
12-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey DeWalter, just picked up some Eraser. Do I have to worry about it etching glass?

Since it is an acid... It can if left on with out rinsing. BigAL hit the nail on the head.

imported_fastcar
12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the info. Didnt noticed the text when I ordered.