PDA

View Full Version : Triple Atomic Wings at Quaker Steak & Lube

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
11-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I visited my younger son in northern Kentucky and he took me to Quaker Steak & Lube up in Ohio. Knowing I can tolerate really hot food, he wanted me to try the Atomic, then the Triple Atomic wings. Warmed up with the Supercharged wings which are 30,000 Scoville units of heat. Not a problem. Then had the 150,000 Scoville unit Atomic wings (featured on Man v Food), still no problem so I got the Triple Atomic wings. These are rated at 500,000 Scoville units and ghost peppers are used in the sauce-the same peppers that have been weaponized for crowd dispersement. :lol

Thought y`all might want to see how I reacted to eating them...

YouTube - Eating Triple Atomic Wings at Quaker STeak & Lube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2te33V-5hZA)

Danilo
12-01-2010, 12:03 AM
If those are the ones from man vs. food... the ones that Adam took 1 bite of the first time and quit... then Adam is a *****, and you deserve to take over man vs. food!!! If you can tolerate those things... you are the man!!!

Are they really all that spicy?

Scottwax
12-01-2010, 01:27 AM
Adam had the regular Atomic, the triple atomic came out this year, 3x as hot. I can handle really hot foods so these weren`t too bad, definitely hot on the way out though, if you catch my drift.... ;)

He ate all 6 atomic wings (season 1, episode 3) but he had to drink a lot of milk to cool off. I had Diet Pepsi and maybe took a couple sips mostly to wash it down.

TLMitchell
12-01-2010, 02:11 AM
i can handle really hot foods so these weren`t too bad, definitely hot on the way out though, if you catch my drift.... ;)

COME ON ICE CREAM!! :chuckle:

The original Lube in Sharon, PA is about 15 miles from me. It`s a real hoot listening to the uninitiated seriously-hot wing eaters whining when they didn`t wash their hands before hitting the head. :soscared:

TL

bigltc
12-01-2010, 02:50 AM
I`ve only had the regular Atomic ...so I have something to look forward to on my next visit!

David Fermani
12-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Holy cow, I like(and respect) hot stuff, but that`s crazy. I can`t believe you did that. X2 ouch on the way out.

Dan
12-01-2010, 11:19 PM
I am fine with just about any level of heat going down but the after effects make me think twice. The heat going out is another but I just feel hungover the next day after a basket. I guess it makes you dehydrated.

Scottwax
12-02-2010, 12:20 AM
My son`s girlfriend made me some habanero chili, had some tonight, pretty good, definitely not as hot as the triple atomic wings, more like the Bentley wings at Hooters.

salty
12-02-2010, 11:58 AM
You the man, Scott. While I enjoy some heat, those sound like suicide. I have a buddy that likes the real hot stuff, problem is that the hotter it is the more clothes he drops. Not cool seeing a grown man sweating in his gotch, can`t take him anywhere. lol

Thrillseeker
01-03-2011, 03:16 PM
I love the Lubes wings!! I like `em Hot but Atomic is too much for me. I can not imagine Triple Atomic! No thanks. You are the man!

Pats300zx
01-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Scott..you are a man of steel :)

Scottwax
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Bentley wings at Hooters seemed really mild this last time I had them! Sure wish they had Quaker Steak and Lube here in Texas, not only did they have great hot wings but a lot of the other flavors were awesome too.

Scottwax
01-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Here is the Man v Food episode where Adam ate the regular atomic wings, skip ahead to around the 5:00 mark.

YouTube - Man.v.Food.S01e03 Pittsburgh, PA part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mjDVff628)

Thrillseeker
01-04-2011, 11:34 AM
here is the man v food episode where adam ate the regular atomic wings, skip ahead to around the 5:00 mark.

youtube - man.v.food.s01e03 pittsburgh, pa part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mjdvff628)

bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha!

Hey, Moe!
01-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Did you coat your mouth with a layer of Carnauba Moose before trying the wings? ; )

Unfortunately, the Quaker Steak and Lube closest to me (Penn State Univ.) closed. I did like their wings. They used to have an "all you can eat night," and I think that maybe a couple of my buddies put the place out of business.

IMO, Quaker Steak puts out better wings than Hooters.

I get your drift about the aftermath. Maybe it would make climbing on that skinny bike seat a little ouchy, hehe.