PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys FP-ULTRA FINE Final Polish

mikehoneyman
11-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone has used Chemical Guys FP-ULTRA FINE Final Polish? I have it and I can`t seem to work it properly with my DA. I used the appropriate pads and can`t seem to get it to finish WITHOUT micro marring. I am getting so frustrated I want to bin it! :wall If anyone can help I`d appreciate it greatly! :thx

Mike

mikehoneyman
11-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Nobody? Anybody? I really need help with this it`s driving me insane!!

imported_Bert
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
In my years reading this board I can`t think of one thread that discussed Chemical Guys compounds and polishes. My guess is there are not many people on here who use their compounds and polishes.

mblgjr
11-29-2010, 04:00 PM
I`ve used it.

It`s a *very* very light polish; I considered it to be more of a paint cleanser than a polish really.

I used it with a LC 5.5" blue pad on my PC (classic). Speed 6 to start with,then spent some time on speed 4 and it finished out just fine.

I found it to have virtually no cut to it at all; so youve either got a dirty pad, or dried polish in the pad, something wrong with your wiping towels, or REALLY soft paint.

Good luck.

And in general, I`d say most of us stray away from CG polishes for the most part.

imported_advs1
11-29-2010, 04:16 PM
you might want to check that you really have FP in the bottle. i have seen those guys bottle up a ton of incorrect products. i have seem wheel cleaner in glass cleaner bottles, air freshener in soap bottles and different polishes in wrong bottles.

imported_Bert
11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
you might want to check that you really have FP in the bottle. i have seen those guys bottle up a ton of incorrect products. i have seem wheel cleaner in glass cleaner bottles, air freshener in soap bottles and different polishes in wrong bottles.

That`s comforting to know, geez.

mikehoneyman
11-29-2010, 04:59 PM
I`ve used it.

It`s a *very* very light polish; I considered it to be more of a paint cleanser than a polish really.

I used it with a LC 5.5" blue pad on my PC (classic). Speed 6 to start with,then spent some time on speed 4 and it finished out just fine.

I found it to have virtually no cut to it at all; so youve either got a dirty pad, or dried polish in the pad, something wrong with your wiping towels, or REALLY soft paint.

Good luck.

And in general, I`d say most of us stray away from CG polishes for the most part.

Thanks for the advice-never thought of it as a real polish either, glad someone thinks the same way! My towels are good quality and have never harmed any of my clients cars but I think I might be working it too long. How many passes do you do with it? Think I might be dry buffing it or as you say have VERY soft paint.

Hopefully it actually is FP in the bottle otherwise I`m screwed :( we get our cg products imported to our country so no after sales service in sight! I think I`m starting to develop a love-hate relationship with cg products... Thanks again for the advice it helped!

imported_advs1
11-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the advice-never thought of it as a real polish either, glad someone thinks the same way! My towels are good quality and have never harmed any of my clients cars but I think I might be working it too long. How many passes do you do with it? Think I might be dry buffing it or as you say have VERY soft paint.

Hopefully it actually is FP in the bottle otherwise I`m screwed :( we get our cg products imported to our country so no after sales service in sight! I think I`m starting to develop a love-hate relationship with cg products... Thanks again for the advice it helped!

Make sure you clean the pads frequently, with any polish. If you are getting micro marring try reducing your speed. I start at 6 on my flex then work it down to 4, then 2. Some times it just takes trying different speeds. I have used FP but didn`t like it, hell I don`t like any CG polishes. I do like wet mirror finish, but don`t use it much as I don`t like glazes.

mblgjr
11-30-2010, 04:55 PM
FP should be a creamy light-blue product. Faint chemical smell, no abrasive feel to it.

As far as them mis-bottling or labeling; I`d have to agree. I ordered a gallong of leather scent a while back and though it`s labeled and appears correct; I swear it`s their leather cleaner. It`s def. NOT leather *scent* in any way. Judging from the color/consistency of the two products being nearly the same; I think I got the cleaner.

They did replace it on my next order; but it was pretty aggravating when they didn`t just send a bottle to replace this one. Plus they wanted ME to ship this one back. I told them to pound sand on that one.

You really have to be careful with most of their products. Like a lot of the tires shines are just watered down versions of VRP. Like Natural, New-Car and Silk-Shine area all basically the same product to me; produced at various dilution levels. I may be wrong; but it just seems that way to me.

imported_advs1
11-30-2010, 08:43 PM
FP should be a creamy light-blue product. Faint chemical smell, no abrasive feel to it.

As far as them mis-bottling or labeling; I`d have to agree. I ordered a gallong of leather scent a while back and though it`s labeled and appears correct; I swear it`s their leather cleaner. It`s def. NOT leather *scent* in any way. Judging from the color/consistency of the two products being nearly the same; I think I got the cleaner.

They did replace it on my next order; but it was pretty aggravating when they didn`t just send a bottle to replace this one. Plus they wanted ME to ship this one back. I told them to pound sand on that one.

You really have to be careful with most of their products. Like a lot of the tires shines are just watered down versions of VRP. Like Natural, New-Car and Silk-Shine area all basically the same product to me; produced at various dilution levels. I may be wrong; but it just seems that way to me.

ding ding ding!! we have a winner!!

mikehoneyman
12-02-2010, 02:52 AM
]FP should be a creamy light-blue product. Faint chemical smell, no abrasive feel to it.[/COLOR]

Yeah my FP is light blue but has strong smell of bubblegum to it???? From this thread I`ve lost faith in CG, time to switch to Menzerna for polishing!

Thanks for the advice! :bigups

mblgjr
12-02-2010, 03:15 AM
A lot of their stuff isn`t "bad". You just have to read between the hype and know what you`re after in a product.

Their towels are really nice and you can get them on sale usually.

VRP is good, Silk-shine is about a 1:1 dilution of it from what I can tell. I like Silk Shine and it works nicely; but I`d only buy it on sale.

A lot of the soaps are nice. Citrus Wash Clear (or gloss) are both nice. Bare Bones and the ProDetailer w/carnauba get in the mix too.

Optimum, Menzerna and Meg`s have some of the best polishes as far as I`m concerned. Can`t go wrong with anything those 3 offer.

99fordlightning
12-04-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey i just got my bottle of fp polish i had the same thing happen micro marring but i got it out i used fp with the black pad and buffed till dry at around 16-1800rpm on a rotary try that see if it works

08xB
12-04-2010, 10:19 PM
The Final Polish is NOT a diminishing polish... works best with a rotary.