PDA

View Full Version : Washing unprotected paint?

levander
11-29-2010, 01:21 AM
It seems like last time I washed my sister`s car (she never has her car`s paint sealed or waxed and even washed very rarely), all I did was do a big general purpose cleaner pass (with OPC) and then wash it (with ONR). I saw the car about 4 months later and it was a lot dirtier than it was before I cleaned it in the first place. She parks outside in a subdivision with a lot of trees around. The dirt cakes on when she doesn`t wash it. And, it was even caked on a lot worse than usual when I saw her car again.

I`m really wondering if the reason the dirt caked on more after I washed it than before was because the OPC stripped something off that was protecting the car somehow? There was definitely no LSP on there when I started washing it. But, even without LSP on it to begin with, does the OPC make the car`s paint even more vulnerable to dirt than it was before?

She usually just washes her car with a pressure washer at one of those coin slot places, doesn`t even use the soap and the brush wand (that will nick and scrap your paint all to hell and back). I`m thinking that pressure washer doesn`t leave the paint more vulnerable, but the OPC does?