PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you to do an ONR wash?

Pages : [1] 2

john1r
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
As the title says, just wondering how long it takes everyone to do an ONR wash.

Thanks!

AeroCleanse
11-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Depends on the size of the car. For a 4 door, maybe 20min

mblgjr
11-27-2010, 02:20 AM
If the car is dirty; it takes me an hour start to finish whether I`m doing an ONR wash or not.

If it`s just been driven on dry days and isn`t too bad, nothing real bad on the paint, just dust...then I can do it in 30.

For a typical midsize/small car (Mustang, BMW 3-series) it takes 1- 5gal bucket of wash solution and 2-4 rinse buckets depending on level of dirt.

Bunky
11-27-2010, 07:56 AM
I am not a pro or an amateur. It takes me about an hour but that is just me. I will usually clean the wheel area with APC and rinse with the residue ONR. If ONR does not affect LSP, it does have limitations.

imported_01GreyStangGT
11-27-2010, 11:03 PM
30-40 minutes to wash my mustang. ONR is one of the neatest products I`ve ever used.

Scottwax
11-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Less than 30 minutes for most sized vehicles unless they are trashed. Then add 10-15 minutes.

Dan
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
About 20 for a well maintained car. When I first started and had little faith, probably over an hour, now I`m down to one bucket and very careless with the stuff (though I have hard clears). The wheels take the longest for me, using a pressure washer I can get most of the dirt of in a few seconds where it takes several passes with the ONR.

john1r
11-28-2010, 10:38 AM
About 20 for a well maintained car. When I first started and had little faith, probably over an hour, now I`m down to one bucket and very careless with the stuff (though I have hard clears). The wheels take the longest for me, using a pressure washer I can get most of the dirt of in a few seconds where it takes several passes with the ONR.

That still sounds like me at this point. Have only done a few ONR washes and am still trying to perfect my technique, wash media, etc...

For those of you doing it in 30 minutes or less, what are you using for the wash (sponge, mf towels, etc?), how many are you using, and are you QDing while drying?

Thanks again!

AeroCleanse
11-28-2010, 11:23 AM
That still sounds like me at this point. Have only done a few ONR washes and am still trying to perfect my technique, wash media, etc...

For those of you doing it in 30 minutes or less, what are you using for the wash (sponge, mf towels, etc?), how many are you using, and are you QDing while drying?

Thanks again!

I use a MF / Chenille mitt I got from the local Advanced Auto, generally I only need one. I don`t use a QD.

Alexshimshimhae
11-28-2010, 11:42 AM
15-20 minutes I`d say for my bmw and lexus

Dan
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM

I use the target white MF covered sponges. Easy to see if there is still dirt on them. I don`t QD while ONRing as I think its faster to come back and QD later. I also don`t dry panels as I do the car, I usually dry in quarters.

mblgjr
11-29-2010, 02:40 AM
I`ve found it best to use the MF covered foam "bones". BigLots has one that is usually blue covered and the Target brand is white. Either works well.

Accumulator
11-29-2010, 12:02 PM
At the risk of sounding like some pedantic :nono I really do think that trying to do certain things, like washing a car, quickly is likely to lead to unfortunate occurences. I simply adapt a "it takes as long as it takes" perspective and if that`s not feasible I put the job off until it is.

OK, OK...[Accumulator sheepishly climbs down off his soapbox :o ]

Scottwax
11-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I`ve found it best to use the MF covered foam "bones". BigLots has one that is usually blue covered and the Target brand is white. Either works well.

Same here, cleaned out Big Lots of their blue MF pads about 2 years ago. They hold up so well I`ve only gone through 5 of the 12 I bought.

stotte20
11-30-2010, 12:15 AM
today i did a honda crv and it took about 15-20 min to wash that, and about 25 to wash a dennali. thats not including wheels and such, i also used a sheepskin mit. but what meathods is every one using for fenderwells and wheels and tires, while doing the onr wash? where i live it gets cold so i have now converted over to using onr for all washes. i took the power washer out of my van so that is out of the question till spring. ive been using a steamer and it seems to work well but any input is great.