PDA

View Full Version : New Cyclo Model 5 Pro

JCturboT
11-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I am sure that most of you have heard about the new Cyclo Pro model 5 that was recently introduced this past week.

It addresses the issue that has held back many buyers it that the Cyclo was only a single speed unit set at 3,000 RPM.

We`ll Cyclo must have been listening to the consumers as the new Model 5 Pro has a variable speed controller that adjusts from 650 RPM to 3,000 RPM. It also comes with the VES anti-vibration system and five different options ranging from the tried and true boots, the carpet brushes,the DoublePrecision Quick Connect Adapters, and the ProGuard Orbital Backing Plates.

I had contacted Cyclo directly for a model with the DoublePrecision Quick Connect Adapters and the 25 ft power cord option and was quoted $360 + $18.00 for the longer cord option.

Early Chritmas present maybe? :chuckle:

Jeff

smokin180
11-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you for the info I always wanted one.

Accumulator
11-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Heh heh...oh geeze...like I need a third Cyclo :o

JCturboT
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Heh heh...oh geeze...like I need a third Cyclo :o

What`s one more? :chuckle:

Jeff

Accumulator
11-30-2010, 11:31 AM
What`s one more? :chuckle:

Jeff

Well...if they`d upped the speed I`d be *really* interested. After giving this some thought (and considering Kevin Brown`s post on another thread), I kinda concluded that this might be a fix in search of a problem. IMO, the big thing about this new Cyclo is that it would work better with products like KAIO that usually flash a bit too quickly by Cyclo. For LSPs the single speed ones work fine for me, even if they do seem kinda fast/aggressive for that. I guess there might be *some* situation where a slower speed would be beneficial....maybe with M105 or when scrubbing stuff with the brushes, but I dunno if it`s really a significant change :nixweiss

Heh heh, and any more polishers would be kinda silly for me, what with my hardly *ever* doing any correction these days. Just gotta get the new beater-SUV finished and that oughta be it for many years :D