PDA

View Full Version : flex or cyclo

spiros antoniou
11-24-2010, 06:54 AM
hey guys

i want an opinion for you guys

i find one friend who wants to trade his flex with my cyclo.i checked his machine and it seems fine(no broken parts)

what do you think?

shall i trade with him

JohnKleven
11-24-2010, 10:59 AM
Although both are great machines, the Cyclo is a better built unit IMO. I would upgrade to some CCS polishing pads, and stay with the Cyclo. The CCS pads make a huge difference over the standard cyclo pads.

John

Accumulator
11-24-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree with JohnKleven about how much better-built the Cyclo is, but if you need to do frequent, heavy correction I`d rather have the Flex (at least for that). The Cyclo *is* much more user-friendly though, so I`d at least try the Flex before you get serious about trading; I can imagine somebody who`s use to a Cyclo simply hating the Flex (not that I do).

JaredPointer
11-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Speaking as someone who sold a Cyclo to get a Flex, I`d say get the Flex. I have not regretted it once. The Flex is so much more versatile and manueverable than the Cyclo - it can correct more efficiently and effectively. Outside of build quality (as mentioned earlier) I can`t see a single area where the Cyclo would outperform the Flex.

Accumulator
11-24-2010, 01:42 PM
.. Outside of build quality .. I can`t see a single area where the Cyclo would outperform the Flex.

It`s probable that the Cyclo will give a slightly higher level of gloss, at least under some circumstances (as shown by JohnKleven`s rotary/cyclo/Flex comparison test). I gotta say that I never do my final polishing with the Flex, preferring to do that with the Cyclo or the Griot`s. But then I also gotta say that this is really splitting hairs...

spiros antoniou
11-25-2010, 05:31 AM
Thanks guys now iam more confused :)

can cyclo achieced with ccs pads same correction as flex?

JCturboT
11-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks guys now iam more confused :)

can cyclo achieced with ccs pads same correction as flex?

I`d say they both would do correction the same but, you`ll spend more time with the Cyclo doing it. If you have the time stick with the Cyclo, if not, trade for the Flex.

You had mentioned about getting pads from Gloss-It...did you ever try any of their correction polishes?

I have read nothing but great things about the Gloss-It Extreme Cut for heavy correction.

I have had great luck with Meguiars Ultimate Cut and the Cyclo Orange pads but I will pick up some of the Lake Country CCS pads that JohnKleven suggested next time I place an order.

Jeff

spiros antoniou
11-25-2010, 08:35 AM
i have all the range of gloss it products .the most awesome product for me is one step polish

JCturboT
11-25-2010, 08:49 AM
i have all the range of gloss it products .the most awesome product for me is one step polish

How so? Does it cut well & finish well?

Did you not like the Extreme Cut?

Jeff

spiros antoniou
11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
How so? Does it cut well & finish well?

Did you not like the Extreme Cut?

Jeff

I like also the extreme cut but one step has the cutting power and some of gloss finish(lsp) and for one step correction it makes wonders:)

Junebug
11-25-2010, 09:24 PM
I traded a Flex for a Cyclo and I have no regrets. All this proves is that we are all different and you have to decide what is "best" for you.

spiros antoniou
11-26-2010, 05:32 AM
I traded a Flex for a Cyclo and I have no regrets. All this proves is that we are all different and you have to decide what is "best" for you.

I have already in my arsenal the makita thats why i want to trade the cyclo