PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Daily

Raidah13
11-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Hey Guys,

I`m new to this forum.

I`ve searched around for backround on this product. As I understand it this product is primarily used for stripping wax etc. before a new waxing to even everything out.

However the product states that it is a daily shampoo. Is the extreme concentration the cause for the harsh stripping nature? Could I dilute the the shampoo ie. half or quarter cap in 3-4 gallons of water? Will this nullify the stripping tendancies?

Thanks Guys!

Toymachine2009
11-22-2010, 06:57 PM
yes. Depending on the ratio of soap you mix in with the water will make it stronger or not.

BigAl3
11-22-2010, 08:50 PM
for a maintance wash, 1oz to 4-5 gallons of water and to strip lsp`s, 2oz`s to one gallon of water. i`m just about done with my gallon and didn`t feel the need/want to purchase another gallon, but it`s still not a bad wash though. instead, i ended purchasing a gallon (my third) of duragloss 902 at carquest and it`s definitely one of my faves...

ltebow34
11-26-2010, 04:19 AM
peopl try to say cg citrus was does 2 sides of a coin.. strong enough to strip LSP but not too strong to use as daily? That doesnt make any sense.. surely shampoo with citrus if ittake off wax it s degreasing chem, then it would strip UNLESS it doesnt even have real citrus in it... smells can be added to anything lol like chewing gum.

Anyway save your money and stick with bigAl and DG901 for daily and just use heavier amount and agitate if you want to break down lsp. easy.

SATracker
11-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I use it when I`m not using ONR. I`ve read the same warnings but I use it as it says and I like it. It`s my, "go to" wash when I break out the bucket & sponge.

loco
11-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I think it`s a great wash and it will do either chore just fine. Just make sure you dilute it properly.

Lonnie
11-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Rahdah13:

Are you talking about Chemical Guy`s Citrus Wash Gloss or Citrus Wash Clear??

Yes, there are two different washes often mistaken for one another.

The Gloss has some waxing/glossing agents in it to make the car "shine" after washing, while the Clear has none of the glossing agents

and is a "pure" wash. Most pro detailers use the Clear for car pre-wax/polishing prep because they are doing some type of prep work AFTER

they have washed and cleaned (clayed) the car`s exterior surfaces.

I am not a big fan of wash-n-wax (glossing) car soaps, especially with today`s spray-n-wipe waxes (Speed waxes, if you will) that are available,

IF you want a quick "shine". Other`s prefer the Quick detailer sprays for exterior maintenance between `full detail" polishings and/or waxings.

To each his own.

Raidah13
11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
I was originally referring to the Citrus Wash Clear...I was planning on ordering a bottle to use as a maintenance washing shampoo however after some research I was under the impression it is more or less a shampoo to strip existing wax. Basically I was wondering if diluted according to the instructions would the shampoo be "safe" to use as a maintenance washing shampoo or is it still to harsh?